Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • British Cycling
  • yetidave
    Free Member

Whos a member, are you a member only as you race, or do you have membership for the insurance aspects. Just curious as I have been given a membership and wondering if to keep it going or not. I don’t race(yet).

matthew_h
    Free Member

What is a mememememembership?

yetidave
    Free Member

bit like cccooolldd fingers ttyping…

Jase
    Free Member

I do it for cheaeap entry into cx racaces, if I didn’t do those I wouldn’t bothother.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

How were you given one? I thought you has to pay for it.

scottfitz
    Free Member

insurance, Race and event setup.

yetidave
    Free Member

Chistmas present. (Mrs Yeti googled biking christmas presents and this was the result.) been trying to understand what to do with it since. It has made me think about entering some races, spending more time on the bike training. Maybe she is trying to tell me something? – oh an I only got the basic membership, so would have to upgrade if wanted race licence.

andrewh
    Free Member

Only had it for racing licence.
    I will only be racing enduros this year (no licence required), given up XC so won’t need to join. £70 for a racing licence was a joke so glad to be rid of that expense (membership of Scottish Athletics was free with my club membership, which was about £15.)

fasthaggis

Same as scottfitz .

njee20
    Free Member

Used to have one solely for racing, then benefited from the insurance and will likely always keep it live now all the time I’m cycling!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Use it for commuting insurance.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

the basic membership is pretty good value just for the insurance and access to some discounts, priority ticketing at events like the track world cup etc.

starts getting expensive when you have racing licence on top, plus all the entry fees you’ll have to pay to make use of that licence.

jota180
    Free Member

I’m a member, primarily for the insurance, mind you, I’ll now be able to get 10% off a bike just like Bradley Cavendish rides in the Tour de Francis.

I wish I could unsubscribe from the Spam they keep sending me though

Irish_AL
    Free Member

Member, but then I have to be, mine says coach 😀

kilo

Only joined as we needed a race licence for one overseas timetrial in 2011 wasn’t too expensive as there was some deal for people getting bronze membership who were in affiliated clubs, raced track last year so needed to stump up the extra to upgrade to BC silver membership and next year I have a feeling I need to stump up for a full years silver licence which is c£71 if I race track again. Seems quite steep for a racing licence but then i’ve no idea how much licences or similar cost in other sports. If i didn’t race I probably wouldn’t bother.

NigE5
    Free Member

I get membership free as a sky ride local leader, the basic only, ride I think its called.

hammerite
    Free Member

Silver member with race licence. I race on the road and CX so it’s useful from that point of view, but I also need it to coach and organise a race.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Mine says “motor pace B”

And coach

CTC is better if you just want insurance for riding around

Brian Cookson view on what BC do for mtb is that they already subsidise it and we should be grateful for what we get.

kilo

hammerite – Member

Silver member with race licence…. but I also need it to coach and organise a race.

Do you have to pay full whack if you organise BC races? seems a bit cheeky.

hammerite
    Free Member

From this year I can get free silver membership through my club as a coach anyway. I’d get free bronze membership as a race organiser, but I already had a silver/race licence last season before I organised my first race and the club was approved (old club just needed to get paperwork in order).

I had some race convoy drivers that I had to sort out with free bronze membership so I could get them insured. So BC do look after you if you help out.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Do you have to pay full whack if you organise BC races?

No just the basic membership. £15 i think.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I paid once for mega insurance and simplified entry. But in the end of the day I didn’t bother continuing as they offered very little for mountain biking. Just follow then on facebook or Twitter during mtb world’s and they prattle on about how you like commuting and low grade regional cx

andyrm
    Free Member

I’ve got it as I need it for European racing, not any other reason really…….

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘British Cycling’ is closed to new replies.