Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • BRITISH CYCLING
  • grantway
    Free Member

EXTRAORDINARY FANTASTIC 😆

grantway
    Free Member

oldgit
    Free Member

Just held the Club TT and the public i.e drivers were great. Even had a few stop to spectate.
    Never mind BC and AC, we’re talking BW and AW.

grantway
    Free Member

And now the Women grab Gold and another World Record

stevewhyte
    Free Member

What a wee honey Laura Trott is.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

It is incredibly exciting and I am chuffed that we as a nation are absolutely stamping down our authority in all forms of cycling.

Forget Football being the national sport, Cycling in any form is where we should be focusing our energies and spending our hard earned on.

Imagine every town having a velodrome where a football ground used to be.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Forget Football being the national sport, Cycling in any form is where we should be focusing our energies and spending our hard earned on.

Imagine every town having a velodrome where a football ground used to be.

fervouredimage for Prime Minister!

😀

On a serious note though, yes, yes, yes – We need to really promote cycling, to work on cycling. As transport, as sport, as leisure, as fun. Cycling is good for a nation, let’s do something with this momentum!

alpin
    Free Member

And now the Women grab Gold and another World Record

and what is with the girls hair, or rather lack of?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

and what is with the girls hair, or rather lack of?

Alopecia areata

rossi46
    Free Member

Arise Sir Wiggo and Dame Pendleton????

verticalclimber
    Free Member

agree totally

Inbred456
    Free Member

Funny isn’t it, Britain leads the world at sitty down sports! Put us on a seat and we are unstoppable.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Be great but might be difficult with 40% of the nation obese :roll:.Yes more reason for more people to cycle!!!!!!!.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

What a wee honey Laura Trott is.

…..behave! 😀

dawson

As somebody posted on Twitter t’other night;

“move over football, you’ve had your chance, it’s time for a new national sport!”

matt_bl
    Free Member

dawson – Member
    As somebody posted on Twitter t’other night;

“move over football, you’ve had your chance, it’s time for a new national sport!”

Amen to that!

grantway
    Free Member

Yep about time we focused on cycling
    Think its only the big Advertising that keeps football our main sport

grantway
    Free Member

We have more track cycling to follow nice.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

As Samuel L Jackson himself posted on twitter earlier:

@SamuelLJackson: Like I said before, those BRITS are some PEDALIN’, RECORD BREAKIN’, MUTHACYCLINPHUCCAS!!

FieldMarshall

I have never felt so proud to be British and a cyclist.

Absolutely stunning performance.

Massive congratulations to all involved in BC.

rossi46
    Free Member

Just for a moment i thought that we cyclists would be elevated to greatness- but i still nearly got killed twice tonight on my ride home by stupid car drivers not seeing me 🙄 This despite my 50 watts of off road lighting adorning the front of my steed!

Oh well……. 🙄

smiff
    Free Member

also occurred to me today, while sitting through another slow swimming race, that cycling is a lot more useful than swimming… or football 🙄

(i’m not the first to say but why are there only 10 cycling medals and like a bazillion swimming ones?)

any of you swim to work? no, thought not 🙂

today yesterday already :/ was f***ing ace on the track/field as well.. would have liked to be there for ennis/longjump/10,000m etc

_tom_
    Free Member

any of you swim to work? no, thought not

I would attempt to make a joke about our summer but I can’t be bothered.

tinribz
    Free Member

What we need on the back of all this public attention are some real cycling lanes. The money spent by local councils on painting white lines and putting up signs no-one takes any notice of is beyond a joke. On the continent they have miles of proper cycle networks of lanes separated by curbs.

Where I live there is about a mile of one made practically useless because it’s left isolated in the middle of no-where. No-one in their right mind is going to let their kids ride anywhere near along on a main road, or behind the joke of white lines littered with parked cars with bus’es whizzing past.

If they can’t sort that out, instead of paying farmer’s for set-aside strips, pay them for new bridleways. [/ot_rant]

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘BRITISH CYCLING’ is closed to new replies.