Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • British Blue cat breeders.
  • deejayen
    Free Member

choppersquad
    Free Member

TurnerGuy- That is one awesome cat you have there.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

TurnerGuy- That is one awesome cat you have there.

sure is ! I just have to now train him to run behind the bike 🙂

I didn’t notice the age of this thread, but it is worth looking at that cat food as it seems that a lot of cat ailments are down to the grain based foods they are eating.

back2basics
    Free Member

less talk more pics 😀

ski
    Free Member

More pics you say?

😉

joolsburger
    Free Member

How easy is it to introduce a kitten into a house wth dogs? Mine aren’t agressive but the youngest is a big loopy thing who may do something stupid.

ski
    Free Member

How easy is it to introduce a kitten into a house wth dogs? Mine aren’t agressive but the youngest is a big loopy thing who may do something stupid.

I would advise keeping the dogs in a different room to start with, for their own safety, making sure your kitten is fully fed might also help the urge to attack your dogs too, but lets face it, cats rule in a mixed multipetural home 😉

CHB

We ended up with a lilac boy and blue girl…

Now 9 months old, part of the family and have firmly trained our Labrador.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

martinhutch

Want. How much does a blue cost, out of interest (braces himself).

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

We have a Britsh blue/cream shorthair, have to say I’m not a ‘cat person’ but she’s ace.

Just over 12 months old now and she has a fantastic temperament, so soft and playful not a bad bone in her body. Rolls over onto her back like a dog. Feel sorry for her sometimes as the kids often use her as a living doll before I have to rescue her.

She is more of a house cat but she does like to go outside although she never ventures too far away.

Would 100% recommend. Will dig some pics out tonight.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

How much does a blue cost, out of interest (braces himself).

I think that depends where you are, down south breeders mostly seem to want around the £500 mark, but I think prices are less up north.

We saw ours on http://www.preloved.co.uk ( 🙁 ) and he was £400, although that was probably over the top in this case as he didn’t have his vaccinations, etc, which they normally would.

In our case Ty was the runt of his litter of 6 and his mum rejected him 🙁

Another of the breeders cats, a silver tortoiseshell bsh, had kittens at the same time and ‘adopted’ Ty, so he had a mixture of hand and cat rearing.

All of his siblings actually died – it was his mums first litter and maybe too early for her.

Ty was very small for a long time which is why he didn’t have his vaccs, and I think the breeder/breeders family wanted to keep him because of his ‘journey’, but her husband put his foot down – which is why he became available at 16 weeks instead of the more normal 12 or 13.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Used to breed and show Oriental Tabbies and Siamese for 15 years. Stopped when the ratio of cats to people in the house was a little strained at 27:2! We won the National Cat Show Supreme Champion in 1996, which is the equivalent of Crufts, so had no real reason to continue breeding after that… Just kept what we had as pets until there were none left . . . Just have rescued moggies now .

My advice would be to contact the Governing Council of the Cat Fancy, there address is (or used to be) 4-6 Penel Orlieu, Bridgwater, Somerset. Ask for a list of British Blue breeders, Associated clubs, visit a few shows, speak to people and sak their opinion on what they would look for.

As to the cost, I have no Idea now. We used to sell ours for £150 to £200 each, fully insured and vaccinated and not before 12 weeks old..but that was more than 20 years ago!

MrNutt
    Free Member

I was attacked the other morning whilst doing some important paperwork, I fear I may never know the true identity of that masked invader.

martinhutch

Interestingly, looking at a couple of breeder’s websites in my area, they say they will only sell to people looking for ‘indoor pets only’. By that do they literally mean not letting the poor bugger out at all? Sounds a bit odd.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I think the bsh’s seem to be predominantly house cats, so if you are looking for something that clears off after you have feed it they are probably not the right cat type.

One breeder said they don’t normally get let out as they are nickable and another said that as well but also that they may be too friendly/not streetwise enough.

Another said that they would adapt to whatever.

We will let ours out into the garden in a while to see what happens, but we will make sure that we have our pied-piper device ready :

which he goes nuts for :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000LPOUNW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but I have had to buy spares as the mice don’t last long and have metal bits underneath so you need to supervise the cat when using it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Blue cat breeders?

concept2

Henry..
    [/url]IMG_7693.jpg by trickcyclist, on Flickr[/img]

bearnecessities

‘Henry’ appears to be a lioness in a fluffy onesie.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Some great pics on here!

Pixie as a kitten (kids picked the name so don’t start)!

Not much has changed 12 months on

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Great coloring on pixie 🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Great coloring on pixie 🙂

Thanks. Her ‘mum and dad’ have just had their final litter before mum is diddled.

So tempted to have a younger brother or sister for Pixie.

deejayen
    Free Member

Feeling sad – my cat died at the weekend.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Feeling sad – my cat died at the weekend.

bugger 🙁

Old age or something else ?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Posted a picture of the Smurfs, without which my comment seems a bit… huh?

Merdes removed it.

Weird.

deejayen
    Free Member

I think it must have been old age. He turned up as young one maybe 15 or 16 years ago, and stayed around. He was a tabby, and had a lovely wildcat look to him, but he had a great personality, and an enthusiastic and sweet nature. He lived outdoors, and was an amazing hunter. He’s now buried at one of the spots where he used to watch the rabbits.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

He’s now buried at one of the spots where he used to watch the rabbits.

RIP

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

deejayen
    Free Member

Thanks, TurnerGuy.

Your kitten is gorgeous – pure purrfection!

concept2

Henry in the jungle…

[url=http://flic.kr/p/pibug8]HB-June12-7762.jpg by -trickcyclist-[/url]

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I think the recently buried CEO of Total has been reincarnated in my cat :

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Happy Birthday Ty – 1 year old today 🙂

CHB

And Higgins is now 18 months old and still growing:

bearnecessities

Aargh, my eye I’ve been shot in the head!

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘British Blue cat breeders.’ is closed to new replies.