Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Brite-R lights?
  • joebristol

Has anyone got any experience of the above brand of bike lights? They seem to be a uk fronted website, but given the price they must be cheap Chinese lights etc.

Thinking of getting the Brite-R selector which is just under £20 on eBay. Thinking if the batteries are iffy I can always get Torchy ones at a later date as the battery box thing has 2 x 1850 cells in it.

Getting a Torchy 6ix for the front of my bike for xmas and looking for something new and ‘spotty’ to go on my helmet to go with the Torchy off road.

Got another Chinese light on my bike at the moment that’s some kind of Cree xml t6 I think. But the wire going into the connector has seen better days and don’t think it’ll last much longer. Seems impossible to get replacement connectors anywhere – unless anyone has any links?

twojumpers

I have a Brite-R Duo II and its been great so far, the clamp was a bit rubbish so I reused an old hope one. The batteries seem fine on my light (4 battery pack) still holding their charge well after having them for 18 months.

Yes, it is probably just a rebadged Chinese one but worth an extra couple of quid for a uk warrenty.

Bez

I bought a Uno II and a Solo recently when they had 35% off, so they were about £10 each. Only given the Uno one brief outing so far but they both seem OK for the money. Which is to say that they’re cheap, but then they’re cheap. The battery bag on the Uno started coming apart at the stitching as soon as I touched it. So if you get one with the 4-cell battery then unless you stash it in another bag be prepared for some sewing. The mounting strap is probably OK for 31.8 bars but it’s not tight enough on 25.4.

The Solo seems a nicer unit (and a lot smaller) and although the battery casing is a bit cheap-plasticky and only takes two cells, you can easily drop in a pair of good quality batteries. I confess I gave the Uno away, but kept the Solo.

I think Samuri of this parish had a Selector fail after three rides or something.

joebristol

Mixed feedback then. Ordered a selector this morning for £16 delivered. For that cost thought it worth a go.

1timmy1
    Free Member

Ive got 4 of the older model single LCD, all 4 are still working and this is their 3rd winter. Battery life is still good, I would buy Brite-R lights again if any stopped working.

joebristol

I’m liking that feedback – looking forward to the light arriving now. Should be before xmas hopefully.

1timmy1
    Free Member

You got that I meant led not lcd 😳 On Amazon they have the Vier for £25 that I might buy…

joebristol

I saw that after I ordered!

1timmy1
    Free Member

Bez, was there any difference in light output and pattern between the Uno and Solo?

joebristol

Just to say I’m still running the selector as a helmet light and it’s good so far. Also picked up a duo 2 for the bars and that’s amazing for the money ( about £20!on amazon). The handlebar clamp was rubbish so I cut that off and have fitted the lamp to the bars with the universal clamp that came wither the selector. Rock solid.

I have to say the duo 2 is outperforming the Torchy bk 6ix for me. The duo is supposed to be 500 lumens lower than the Torchy light but the Duo puts out a more useable light for me. The bk6ix puts out a very cold blue light that’s not as good.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Brite-R lights?’ is closed to new replies.