• This topic has 25 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ps44.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • "Britain is uniquely well placed to ride out the economic slow down"
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Is that "uniquely well placed" like the underdog in a Disney family matinee? or "uniquely well placed" like Eddie the Eagle in a stoic, British battler kind of way? or is it "uniquely well placed" like as in f***ed?

Trimix
    Free Member

Unique in that only the current goverment can actually say that as if they mean it.

miketually
    Free Member

From that graph, I assume we're all in debt to Norway 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

miketually – Member
    From that graph, I assume we're all in debt to Norway

Forget Norway!

Stoner
    Free Member

smug bastard norwegians.

nickc

Does it really matter though?

Stoner
    Free Member

course it does. Im fed up to the back teeth with these norwegians, flouncing around with all their GDPs and waving their Sovereign Wealth Fund in our faces.

b'stards.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Another nice pretty blue graph :

noteeth
    Free Member

Much to be said for coming last (ooh, missus) – at least we'll be well placed for The Rapture…

"So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many are called, but few chosen." Matthew 20:16 😈

uplink
    Free Member

If only our oil reserves hadn't been sold off by someone – we could all be millionaires 😉

noteeth
    Free Member

The British – failed Scandinavians. 😀

nickc

Right, this offends you on a personal level? I'm willing to bet the Swedes hate them more than you do….

It's like a fiscal "International It's a Knockout". If you listen carefully you can hear the maniacal laughter of Stuart Hall…

Trimix
    Free Member

If only we hadnt given up our Empire.

miketually
    Free Member

Maybe the economic slowdown will actually be a sudden economic emergency stop, so all the people on the top of the graph go through the economic windscreen. We're best placed to avoid that, and will just en up in the economic footwell.

noteeth
    Free Member

I read the graph as a visual representation of our great national resolve. Only we, the British, have the necessary strength to shoulder a giant diving board tower – from the top of which the Norwegians are about to leap, in a fit of opulent despair.

Stoner
    Free Member

I thought you were referring to Alvin Hall for a minute there…

He'd fix it!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ernie, does that include the off the books PFI debt?

nickc

Alvin Hall would be able to fix it if the deficit turned out to be a cupboard full of kitten heeled slippers worn only once and bought on a credit card…

Stoner
    Free Member

are you casting aspersions about our former chancellor nick? for shame.

nickc

Under the desk…A new pair everyday…Everytime he does that slack jaw thing, he's thinking of those fluffy pink ones with the sequinned heels

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You know what we should do? Just print more money & use that!

Oh, hang on……

ourmaninthenorth

If you listen carefully you can hear the maniacal laughter of Stuart Hall…

Please don't say that – I work for his son….

kimbers

fatcha did it

we have no manufacturing base left, just this rollercoaster financial services economy

so now, thanks to the iron lady and her legacy we are uniquely placed as the slow kid of europe

pretty soon the postal service will have been done over too, before you know it train tickets will be £1000 a pop
    wonder how much it will cost to post a letter cornwall to scotland once mandy has had his way

kimbers

and just imagine what will happen to the economy once the slow kid of bullingdon is chancellor aaaggghhhhhhhhh!

darrell
    Free Member

thank **** i live in Norway

:mrgreen:

ps44
    Free Member

Ten of the best decisions from the Dear Leader

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘"Britain is uniquely well placed to ride out the economic slow down"’ is closed to new replies.