Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Britain has just nine registered sperm donors.
  • irc

“the possibility of opening myself to child support etc down the line meant that it was a non-starter.”

reading the article you’re not running that risk, just that the child can ask for your details when they’re 18.

Until the next change in the law?

m0rk
    Free Member

Kudos to the beeb hack that wrote that article… They managed to get ‘coming’ three times

I’ve not managed that since I was 21

squirrelking
    Free Member

Hmm, I gave a 10yr insurance deposit recently and had the option of free donation at the end of the term. Didn’t take it ad the forms were thrown at me at the last minute and I wanted to discuss it with my wife. Not sure I would knowing that. Moreso the impact it could have on my daughter knowing/ not knowing she has/might have a sibling out there. I’d hate that personally, never knowing, seeing someone in the street and wondering if its them, wondering if they know…

dbcooper
    Free Member

I do understand how any kid must feel, it must be soul destrying for some. On the other hand, my husband gave sperm for cash in the 90’s, he is now terrified of any progeny turning up at the door. When he gave sperm it was anonymnous. No wonder men will not do it.

Friends of ours are paying 4k a time for fertilization, the sperm (From Danish men) costs 2k.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Britain has just nine registered sperm donors.’ is closed to new replies.