Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bristolians; A question…..
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Which is the best curry house in town. I have to take my daughter their later this week and we both like a curry……

KonaTC

I have always had great meals here http://www.kathmandu-curry.com/ its just by Colston Hall

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Unlikely you’ll get the definitive answer to that one BB. However, if you fancy something a little different, then try Krishna’s Inn on the triangle. Dishes a little different to your everyday curry and their rotis are delicious. And they serve those big 660ml bottles of Kingfisher/Cobra.

Or give the Thali Café in Clifton/Montpelier/Totterdown a try.

EDIT: I haven’t tried Kona TC’s suggestion but have heard good things about it.

wallop

I like the Raj Bari on Hotwells Road.

oyon
    Free Member

Traditional “english” curry house – try Oh Calcutta.

Awesome/more authentic – try one of the outlets of Thali Cafe. They’re spread around the city so you’re probably near one (ironically if you’re slap bang in the centre then you’re not….)

gozarch
    Free Member

Raj Pavillion, Gloucester Road, Horfield. Balti Special mmmmmm.

nickjb
    Free Member

There are lots. In fact I’m struggling to think of a bad one.

monkeyboyjc

As said by Kona TC Kathmandu is very good – friendly staff, good traditional curries as well as Nepalease menu (i’d recomend the Sea Bass Palu).

Old India (near St Nick market) has great food – and is in an old bank which is a listed building (with amazing 100% original victorian toilets), but last time i went (2yrs ago) the building needed a bit of work doing to it and i’ve not been back.

Rajmoni in Clifton near The Triangle are also good.

Best ‘out of city centre’ curry i’ve had is Tandori Nights in Staple Hill, small restraunt but really good traditional english curries and great staff.

As nickjb says – there are lots.

onewheelgood

Another vote for Thali Cafe here.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Unlikely you’ll get the definitive answer to that one BB

I agree with Darcy. It kinda depends what sort of curry you’re after.

IA

I’ve no experience of any of the others, but if you want central I was in Kathmandu last week and it was good, so +1 to that.

Philby

My suggestions would be:
    Krishnas on the Triangle
    Thali Cafe
    Brunel Raj – Waterloo Street Clifton Village

ridingscared
    Free Member

Thali every time.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bristolians; A question…..’ is closed to new replies.