Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bristol (Westbury Park / Redland) – Gang arrested going equipped
  • Leku
    Free Member

Watch out – From Police web site;
    http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/LocalPages/NewsDetails.aspx?nsid=28783&t=4&lid=0&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

ADDED: Today 13:03

We have arrested five people after reports of suspicious activity in Henleaze last night.

Shortly after midnight this morning, January 20, 2014, a member of the public called us to say they could see a group of people acting suspiciously in the Henleaze area of Bristol. The group had been seen to run off down a lane which runs to the rear of Devonshire Road. When we arrived, we stopped a group of men and boys on Cossins Road by Redland Park in Henleaze, who were searched and a balaclava and crow bar were found. We also seized three suspected stolen bicycles.

We arrested a 17-year-old boy from Hillfilelds, a 16-year-old boy from Kingswood and a 20 year-old man, 16-year-old boy and 14-year-old boy from Southmead for going equipped to steal. They remain in police custody at this time whilst investigations continue.

PC James Diffey from Southmead’s Priority Crime Team said: “We are asking all residents in the Westbury Park and Henleaze areas to check their garages and outbuilding for signs of a break-in. If you suspect you may have had an attempted break in, or have noticed anything missing, in particular a bicycle, then please contact the Southmead Priority Crime Team on 101.

“We take burglary very seriously and rely on the support of the public in helping with our investigations.”

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Good luck securing a conviction, assuming that lot are guilty….

Glad to see the police are recognising theft of a bike from a shed as burglary, in the same way that the Law does.

steezysix
    Free Member

Three of them are from Southmead, they’re bound to be guilty of something… 😉

andyrm
    Free Member

It’s been well known locally that there was something happening out of Southmead but from what I heard from a couple of officers I know, there always seemed to be a lack of quality intelligence & evidence. Sounds like these could be the culprits.

Just a shame they can’t just dish out kettle & sugar water treatment rather than the “cuddles, biscuits and talk about your feelings as a victim of society with a social worker” that they are likely to get.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Daily Mail alert..!

Philby

Good news!

I had one of my bikes chained up outside Waitrose only an hour earlier, and there were a couple of reasonable bikes, including a Cannondale, still there when I left.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bristol (Westbury Park / Redland) – Gang arrested going equipped’ is closed to new replies.