Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bristol route advice
  • molgrips
    Free Member

What’s a good way to get from Almondsbury way to Temple Meads by bike? I don’t care about scenic routes, I want it to be quick as I’ll be on the end of a longer road ride. I normally go down Gloucester Rd and then nip through town at the end, but I was wondering if there were a less busy route that’s equally quick.

nickjb
    Free Member

Gloucester rd all the way is probably quickest but you could turn off at muller rd and onto the newish Concorde way cycle path. Might be a little quicker if there is traffic. Or even cut across to uwe then there is a cycle path running parallel to glos rd that joins Concorde way via Wordsworth rd

wrecker
    Free Member

Gloucester rd is undoubtably the most direct route. The only other way which comes to mind is down perrinpit lane by the Jahovas witness centre, through Frampton cotterell across badminton rd to the dramway then onto the bristol – bath cycle path by Kendleshire. Longer for sure, but the cyclepaths will be quick and the roads pretty quiet.
    Maps of cyclepaths;
    http://www.riveravontrail.org.uk/archive/the_dramway.pdf
    http://www.bristolbathrailwaypath.org.uk/library/Railway_Path_Leaflet_Part_2.pdf

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

Cyclepaths could be good as long as it’s not interminable roundabouts and junctions and the like.

Got a meeting in Bristol tomorrow, going to cycle over for it. Will be taking a lock and shoes in panniers, so won’t trouble my PB 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

The route from uwe is good with no traffic or junctions, same for Concorde way. Only gets a bit fiddly at the end but it’s not actually that bad in terms of junctions just awkward to follow if you don’t know it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ta folks.

ransos
    Free Member

Concorde way is only slightly longer than Gloucester road, and much nicer.

rp16v
    Free Member

Concord way for me if you jump on from bradley stoke you can get there in sub 30 without to much hassle follow the river path after the underpass go up behind oldmarket and over the silver bridge by the back of temple meads
    or jump on the carridge way from underpass and around old market

4130s0ul
    Free Member

sod the road bike, take the Orange and come meet us after work for a quick blast around Leigh woods / off piste

molgrips
    Free Member

Well – having checked the weather forecast it looks pretty grim for a 40 mile commute so I might..

rp16v
    Free Member

Or ride to parkway/patchway station and train it straight into temple meads.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bristol route advice’ is closed to new replies.