Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bristol Riders – what’s the descent like?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

From the Downs to the Portway? Never even walked it I dont think, although I have got a bit lost around that way when climbing in the Gorge a few years ago.

link to map of descent

mikeydmikey
    Free Member

It’s nothing special – I used to use it as part of my commute to vary the route a little – can get a bit boggy, pretty straight all the way down – dead easy to find, you can see the clearing in the trees from the road … you might want to avert your eyes on the way down though, the woods round there have a certain reputation!

Moses

No idea. It must be 30 years since I walked there. Mind, it starts from the area in which chaps who like chaps, meet each other.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

shame, I’d heard there was a pretty technical descent down to the portway, maybe that’s the climbers’ walk off I’ve used in the past on foot.

mikeydmikey
    Free Member

Theres a super steep track running down just at the corner of the railings on Sea Walls, that you normally use to walk off from the routes on that side of the wall – it’s just by the pine tree here

New google map images thingy

It’s a bit bloomin steep though! There is another route down on the bridge valley road end, I’ve only walked it when climbing, but I reckon it would be alright on a bike – bit harder to find. Pretty much where the center of this map is

Edge of downs

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

thanks Mike, maybe those are the trails I’ve heard about. thing is, the guy that “recommended” them is a bit of a trail god, I’m not particularly, but have been waiting for a dry spell to give it a go

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Riders – what’s the descent like?’ is closed to new replies.