Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bristol riders – Knicker Trail
  • rondo101
    Free Member

It appears someone has been digging big holes at a couple of places in the Knicker Trail. Not the work of animals & clearly malicious. Something to note before anyone does themselves any damage.

As far as I can tell the Picnic Bench/Knicker Trail valley isn’t an SSSI &, whilst not officially sanctioned, these trails seem to be tolerated. Anyone have any thoughts on whether giving Knicker some TLC would be a good idea?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

If its the trail I think your referring to, I ride it an hour ago. First hole has a log in it which makes it rideable with a bit of a hop and the second has rocks in which makes it passable with no real issue.

Leku
    Free Member

Rode it last Wednesday and there was two large holes cut into the final approach to the gap in the wall at the bottom.
    We stopped and filled them in with rocks etc.

Very annoying.

shaggy

I filled the bottom one with rocks and as much soil as I could move with my hands, that was Thursday. So I don’t know if it had been emptied in the preceding day. Need to go back with a spade. I was told that the homeless guy who camps in the woods was caught digging stuff out.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

@shaggy – Leku and I and a bunch of other guys filled in the bottom hole Weds night with soil, rocks and logs.
    If you filled it in Thursday would suggest there’s someone up to no good (someone must have emptied it Thursday)?

rondo101
    Free Member

I filled the bottom hole in about a week & a half ago, so it does appear that someone is undoing our work.

StuE
    Free Member

Similar sort of thing happening in woods around Leeds,and saw this on the BBC website this morning
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-32459446

santacoops
    Free Member

Why is it Knicker trail?

rondo101
    Free Member

Used to be a pair of knickers in the tree iirc.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bristol riders – Knicker Trail’ is closed to new replies.