• This topic has 47 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by grum.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Bristol photography advice…
  • deluded
    Free Member

grum,

Did you do any of Ashton Court? Fancy selling any prints? 😀

SammyC
    Free Member

Great photos! I’m impressed, you’ve done this ‘togging thing before haven’t you! 😛

I think you’ve managed to capture the feel of Bristol there very well. 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Cheers SammyC – you just need a fancy camera to do it all for you, there’s no skill involved really. 😉

deluded – I did but the light was crap and they were frankly very dull! Technically I’m probably not supposed to sell prints of these anyway….

deluded
    Free Member

Thought so – I did note the exclusivity bit – shame. 😀

Ben_H

Reminds me how much I love living in Bristol.

It all started with a billet at Wills Hall (Old Quad, room A1 no less) in 1999. Went on to meet my wife at uni.

Now happily living within spitting distance of both Ashton Court and the centre, near to old Red Trousers’ HQ. 😉

Everything I need is in walking or cycling distance, there’s a reasonable Cycling City legacy, annual street party, “playing out” (for the kids) once a month on the street, Green Capital to look forward to, MShed, @Bristol, Mark’s Bread, River Cottage, Bordeaux Quay – wow I love this place!

grum
    Free Member

deluded – you wouldnt want my Ashton Court pics anyway! 🙂

Ben H – Bristol does seem nice. Probably the only UK city I could imagine living in. Great music scene too.

CountZero

Great photos, Grum, always interesting to see a city I know well through the eyes of someone from a distance away.
    All views I know very well indeed, I particularly like the night shots, the suspension bridge shows how much brighter the new LED lighting is, the way it lights up the base of the tower.
    I haven’t been out to Ashton Court for donks, but I used to go out there when the balloon fiesta was in its early years, and the house is great when it’s sunny, but when it’s dull, it’s not so great, except maybe in mono.
    I like the view of Triangle West, it’s usually just a building you whizz past on the way from the car park, or wherever, or ignore because you’re trying not to get run over, but it looks great from that angle with the car light trails.
    Plenty more great stuff to photograph just around the Floating Harbour, should you get back down here again, including the Thekla, a really good music venue itself.
    The Bristol you saw when you took those photos, Grum, is a very, very different place to the city I started to visit forty years ago; a great source of mono pics of a derelict urban industrial wasteland around the harbour area, and that’s about it.

grum
    Free Member

Thanks CountZero.

The Clifton Triangle was one of the ones on the list and I was struggling to think of how to get an interesting photo of it, but I’m quite pleased with that one. Was pretty chuffed with the suspension bridge shot.

I think I walked past Thekla – can’t remember if I got any shots of it.

I will probably come back to Bristol some time as I have friends down there. Might even bring my bike next time. I walked in Leigh Woods and some of the trails there looked quite fun in a gentle kind of way.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Bristol photography advice…’ is closed to new replies.