Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bristol mountain bike clubs?
  • ell_tell
    Free Member

I’ve been contemplating joining a MTB club for a while now. My usual riding buddy has a baby now so is often out at times I can’t make. It would also be good to get some first hand knowledge of local trails around me, and to meet some other like minded people.

Plus I wouldn’t mind trying out some night riding now we’re in the depths of winter and don’t fancy starting out on my own – had a big off on my own at Cwmcarn a couple of years ago so am now far more cautious.

I’ve been Googling and found the Cheesy riders and Bristol Mountain Bike Club, though wasn’t sure how active these were.

Any other options or recommendations for local clubs in the area?

nemesis
    Free Member

Cheesy riders are definitely going still – you can join via fb IIRC.

MrAgreeable

If you’re looking for a group ride you could try posting on the Bristol Cycling Meetup page. I’ve not ridden with them but the general cycling page seems very active, and there’s a new mountain bike-specific one.

http://mountain-biking.meetup.com/cities/gb/b7/bristol/

egb81
    Free Member

The Cheesy Riders facebook page has rides posted up. Quicker/more technical rides are usually on Monday nights in Leigh Woods, slower paced often on Friday. Other rides posted up ad hoc. Very friendly bunch. If you’re free tomorrow morning, the Bristol Bike Jumble outside Mud Dock at 12pm is a good place to meet riders. Ask for Mark (he’s basically a giant and a lot of people know him).

ell_tell
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips.

I use Facebook, albeit not that frequently, so hadn’t thought to use it tbh!

flashes
    Free Member

Or pop down tomorrow and introduce yourself, they’re be a herd of us outside Mud Dock……

rp16v
    Free Member

Bmbc had a few setbacks over the last 2 years that we are trying to get back on track starting with a new site and forum usually a groups meeting on Sundays at the Ashton court golf hut for 10.30 setoff
    Most weeks I’ll be doing a wed night ride after work setting off about 6.30 in leighwoods usually a couple of us out

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bristol mountain bike clubs?’ is closed to new replies.