Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Bristol lunch recommendations, as a half way ride stop on a sunday
  • orangeboy
    Free Member

Firstly if you think this should be in chat please move it mods

A group of us are riding into Bristol from bath along the old railway path and looking for lunch , nothing fancy but don’t want to end up in weatherspons.

Are there any good cheap cafes near mud dock ( planning to use there bike parking ) or maybe just off the cycle path on the way into Bristol.

Thanks

Jakester
    Free Member

Food at Muddock is pretty good! There’s a great burger place on Welsh Back on a boat called Three Brothers too. Chomp on St Nicks Rd is good – anywhere around St Nicks has good food.

wrecker
    Free Member

I work very close to mud dock. What kind of lunch are you After? Quick and dirty? posh sit down? There is pretty much all the kind of food you could want within walking distance of M.D.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not sure about along the path. You’re probably better off waiting till you park the bikes at MD.

MD itself has a nice cafe/restaurant upstairs – but not exactly el cheapo.

If you’re looking for something more greasy spoon, then there’s a hut just a hundred yards or so from MD (towards bridge) that does bacon butties, burgers etc, but you’ll have to eat al fresco. Further beyond there and on the cranes side of the floating harbour, there are loads of cafes, restaurants etc in the new shipping containers type development just after the M-shed. Salt & Malt do excellent (but again, not cheap) fish and chips. Further along again, there’s the famous Brunel Buttery for all kinds of sandwiches and butties – but again, outdoors eating.

wallop

Wapping Wharf.

Wokyko for noodles, Salt n Malt for fish & chips as above, the Athenian for superb gyros and kebabs, Pigsty for lovely porky goods, a pie shop for pies. Banging.

You can eat outside all of these if you don’t want to leave your bike unattended. Or if you want a quick bacon butty I too would recommend Brunel’s Buttery, but go to Mokoko for coffee and cake after.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Sadly some of the group did not fancy mud docks cafe as it seemed pricey.

And no definitely no posh sit down. Just somthing sandwich like unfortunately.

Is much of st nicks street food stall open sundays. It’s a good 20 years since I lived in Bristol

wallop

Oh and there’s also decent pizza at Wapping Wharf – either Pizzarova or Bertha’s.

wallop

Yes St Nicks is still going. Difficult with bikes though. There is a superb kebab wrap hatch on the High Street end.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Thanks all. This place is much better than trip advisor

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Are all the under-cover food stalls open on a Sunday wallop? (I can’t remember to be honest – don’t think I’ve been there on a Sunday in ages.)

TheDTs
    Free Member

Cafe in the end of the M-Shed is nice, pop in and see the Wildlife Photographer of the year exhibition..
    Could be busy with families on a Sunday though.

wrecker
    Free Member

Princes pantry for a good but cheap burger. St nicks market for goat curry or jerk chicken. Sandwich sandwich on Charlotte st for the best hot sandwiches (the posh fish butty is gert lush).

wallop

Ooh yeah I’m not sure about St Nicks on a Sunday actually. Best stick with the Buttery 😀

Mikeypies
    Free Member

St Nicks is great but closed on Sunday’s definitely worth a trip on a Saturday for the kebabs in a fresh flat bread wrap at Marina.

On a Sunday I would go to the collection of containers behind M shed as they house a collection of street food places, if that doesn’t take your float your boat there is the Brunel Buttery for bacon butties just another 100m further along

orangeboy
    Free Member

Thanks again all. Looks like a trip by the m shed will be a great start and or bacon for the old biffer of our group

wrecker
    Free Member

St Nicks is great but closed on Sunday’s definitely worth a trip on a Saturday for the kebabs in a fresh flat bread wrap at Marina.

I went today! Lovely.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Bristol lunch recommendations, as a half way ride stop on a sunday’ is closed to new replies.