Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bristol Cycle Festival
  • MrAgreeable

Kicking off today is an event that I’ve been involved with for the past three years. It’s a nice mix of rides, workshops, talks by interesting local peeps, plus some more off-the-wall stuff like cycle speed dating and our amazing cycle-in cinema.

Our HQ at the bottom of Park Street is up and running as of midday today, so if you’re heading to the Bike Jumble, pop in and say hi, bring the kids along for a spot of bike crafting or pick up some back issues of Boneshaker.

Then tonight we’re having a launch party at the Attic Bar in Stokes Croft, featuring indoor bike polo, bike-powered Scalectrix and other general mayhem.

Check out all the details here:

Home 2017

csb

This isn’t the same event that spawned the madness that was bike olympics last year is it?

MrAgreeable

Yep, that’s the one! Organised (in the loosest sense of the word) by me and my girlfriend.

We’re doing it again this year at the Creative Common (the giant tent needy door to Temple Meads) so come along next Sunday and try your hand at the long jump, high jump and the egg and spoon.

wordnumb
    Free Member

I thought John Grimshaw’s lecture / presentation was excellent last evening.

Don’t suppose any other STWer happened to take down the details of the chap organising the Pucklechurch trail construction and could forward them my way?

Ta.
    (wordnumb[at]hotmail[dot]com)

monkeyboyjc

Pucklechurch trail construction – oooo i’d be intersted in hearing more about this?!?!?

wordnumb
    Free Member

It’s not trails, sorry, it’s to do with expanding the cyclepath network. I probably shouldn’t have used the word trails above. 🙄

MrAgreeable

Hi Wordnumb, unfortunately I didn’t have my phone charged when he gave the lecture, so I missed my chance to take a quick snap of the organiser’s contact details.But I did find this on the Pucklechurch parish council website:

01.07.12: Cycle Path extension from Coxgrove Hill to Yate.

Pucklechurch will adopt the Coxgrove Hill to M4 part of this route and we need volunteers to help build it. A work party is being formed from Monday, 23rd to Sunday, 30th July. The work ranges from staffing the camp (keep the fire burning, preparing lunch etc) to driving a mini digger and lots more. Training will be given where required. If you can spare a couple of day or even the full week it would really help the project. This is the last part of old railway track in the area to be re-developed. Why not join us and become part of history? Contact Matt at coutryside.access@pucklechurch.org.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Yeah, I found that as well – unfortunately that email address kicks back a delivery failure. I’ll dig around some more.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Ha! Wait up, re reading what you’ve posted there it seems they spelled their email address incorrectly. Cut n paste let me down. Ta.

MrAgreeable

I’ve managed to get the contact details for the organiser: Matt Skidmore 07553052183.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

We’re just about to drive down to help with this project for the week – and John Grimshaw has organised the lovely weather for us 8)

MrAgreeable

Blimey, I’m stricken with jealousy. I hope it all goes well and you get a good turnout. Would love to join you if I didn’t have to go and slump behind a desk all week. 😥

LadyGresley
    Free Member

An excellent week and an excellent path built!
    Linky

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Cycle Festival’ is closed to new replies.