Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bristol boiler engineer recommendations?
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Long shot I know… boiler on the blink, need a new one before I can get a lodger in… any good ones about?

eskay

I use andy at ACW Heating:

link

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Checkers were good when installing and supplying about 6 years ago.
    Interview and get quotes from several companies.

Things we found useful

– research what sort of boiler and and set up you want. Its important to take time to do this.

– shortlist at least 3 companies who will give you free quotes including boiler brands and specs.

– ask questions relating to what you want and see if the person selling to you talks rubbish. I know little about boilers but even I realized some of the firms we short listed for a quote were frankly lying. It soon becomes clear which companies say consistent things (ie similar to each other) and which are making up sales stuff as they go.

– British gas are hard sell and recommend boilers from companies with a poor reputation when you research them (or did at the time) – the even sent 2 sales people at the same time to harass us.

– Never sign anything while they stand over you – make them wait a couple of days so you can properly compare specs, timescales, guarantees and pricing.

– Take a little drive around all the premises in the names of the companies you have short listed – surprising what you can learn from just looking at the premises from the street.

Checkers were the only company who were prepared to install what we wanted. We know at least 2 others lied to us, saying all sorts of stuff to get us to buy what they made the most profit on and which was the fastest to fit for them.

Never had a problem with the system or the boiler but at the time received a lot of compliments about the high quality of installation and set up when we took up a maintenance contract with British Gas – they do not have to have fitted it in order to maintain it.

Not used Checkers since, as not needed to, hope they are the same good standard still.

Daffy

Central or outskirts?

TheDTs
    Free Member

Mjd did our last month and were v good.
    Clean tidy polite and professional.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

thanks guys!

central-ish.. st george area

got 4 ppl coming to do quotes this week and next, so will see where i end up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bristol boiler engineer recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.