Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bristol bike theft content – anyone lost a blue Langster or a jump bike?
  • MrAgreeable

A mate has spotted a couple of fishy bikes in the Bonnington Walk/Wordsworth Road area – one a deep blue Langster, far too big for the rider, and the other a black jump bike with orange or red rims and a very clicky freewheel. Has anyone lost a bike answering to either description recently?

trickydisco
    Free Member

MountainMonkey has had a spesh langster stolen

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bike-stolens-from-garage-bristol

Can’t tell but looks kinda blue in the picture

MrTall
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bike-stolens-from-garage-bristol

Langster there, can’t tell if it’s black or blue from the photo though?

Doh! 17 seconds too late.

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

I don’t think that Langster could be described as “too big” for anyone! I would have guessed it was the dark green Langster, but you can’t tell from the pic…
    Good to see someone’s on the lookout!

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Hi guys, thanks for the lookout, but yeah my Langster is/was very tiny and is the 2008 dark green one. Cheers for the heads up though!)

MrAgreeable

No worries! My mate is adamant that something definitely did not seem right (some of the kids round my way have nice jump bikes and BMXes, but I’ve yet to see one on a Brick Lane chariot) so someone may yet be reunited with their pride and joy.

supersaiyan
    Free Member

Bike recovered – see OP

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Supersalyan – you are a legend! Bike has now been returned! :mrgreen:

A very nice police man dropped it around Tuesday and I rang the insurance company yesterday (who legally own the bike now) and because the front wheel is buckled and there’s some other (fairly minor) damage – they said I can just keep it! Yay! :mrgreen:

Thanks again so much! (Reply to my email so that I can at least get you a nice bottle of red as a thank you!)

So yup, the bike is a bit battered, but doing well… Shouldn’t take long to restore it to it’s former glory!

Thanks again Supersalyan and Mr. Agreeable! I’m so chuffed!

MrAgreeable

The chuffedness is all mine! 🙂 All credit to Ollie (Supersiayan) for trusting his spider senses when everyone (including me) was telling him that it probably wasn’t the right bike. And as ever, well done to the Burglary team for taking quick action.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bristol bike theft content – anyone lost a blue Langster or a jump bike?’ is closed to new replies.