Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bristol Bike Jumble is TOMORROW!
  • Agency_Scum
    Free Member

As usual, the first Saturday of every month ( so that's this Saturday the 6th February ), midday outside Mud Dock Cycleworks.

Setting up your own stall is free.

LOADS of parking in the Pay+Display next door.

Free tables available if you haven't brought your own.

Rain cover available with a big-arsed folding gazeebo thingy*

Bring shedloads of change!!! For buying and selling and the car park.

This is the Jumble's forth year now and there's always bargains there every month. Buyers: best come as a " blank page " to get better bargains rather than focusing on specifics. Sellers: you may not get Ebay prices but you will establish contacts and friendships that'll get you into the joyous world of " mates' rates " sales.

*Jerry ( Mud Dock's big cheese ) called it an " Easy Up " which frankly sounds like a Cardiff sex offence so until a proper title can be agreed on it's the " Big Arsed Folding Gazeebo Thingy "

peteimpreza

Is it best to arrive a bit early to get a table?

peteimpreza

And how much does a days parking cost in the nearby pay and displays?

TooTall
    Free Member

Pete

The Grove Car Park

Get there about 1145 and there should be a couple of people setting up. Bring a table if you have one!

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

I think the parking's quite cheap. I'll post up the rates for the next jumble. Good question mate. Sh1t, I better get me tat together…..I mean…err…rare retro boutique gear.
    : )

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

Pics at last!!

Please click on photos to make them bigger.

Our local club members were out in force.

A BIG THANK YOU to Mud Dock for hosting the event.

A HUGE turnout even in the bitter cold!

Lots of seasoned bikers and loads of friendly advice available.

It's become a great social event.

Now for my favourite " LOOK AT WHAT YOU COULD'VE WON " section…

There was a huge variety of goodies.

The SID XCs were in good condition and went for £20.

Kicking myself I missed that Camelbak bladder!

Loads for all sorts of riders.

Boxed XT N.O.S. 6 speed hubs only £60! Same era XT cantis only £45!

Boxed N.O.S STIs £45!

TooTall
    Free Member

It really is a great couple of hours for any cyclist.

bananaworld
    Free Member
    Agency_Scum
    Free Member

@bananaworld,
    HA HA HA HA HA HA!! I'm gonna keep that link! 😀

Drac

That's funny it was my exact words, I'm sure there's one or 2 good things but honestly battered chain rings, cassettes and saddles that look like they've come off a grifter.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Looks like a quality bike jumble to me! It's about more than just bike parts, it's about seeing old buddies, helping eachother out and clearing the shed. Wish we had something like that round our way! Good work, Scum!

TooTall
    Free Member

That's funny it was my exact words, I'm sure there's one or 2 good things but honestly battered chain rings, cassettes and saddles that look like they've come off a grifter.

I suppose you only build bikes with the newest parts delivered to your workbench beautifully presented on sateen cushions.

A_S has created, in the Bristol Bike Jumble, something lovely. To get some 50 people pitch up in the freezing cold for a couple of hours every month is one thing. To have them from every niche of the cycling world buying, selling and just chatting isn't anything I've ever seen before. I've seen brand new frames, battered parts, NOS, still-boxed 80s Campag parts, carbon bars – everything – for sale there. Not at daft prices either. Everyone does deals between mates for the bits they need that they have in the garage / spares box – this is like that, only 50 times better.

Reluctant – make it happen.

Drac

God know most of my stuff is second hand but make sure it's pretty good, I've seen some the purchases have made from there they're pretty good but there looks a load of crap to build it up.

They're a cracking idea and to get it monthly is an achievement.

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

I'm blushing! The point of it is that yes, it may be tat; that though is the fun of the Jumble! It might be just a whole load of b0ll0cks. Look closer and you see the pristine Camelbak bladder for £3, the N.O.S. STIs for £45 that go for £100+ on Japanese and German Ebay, characters lick Nick Biggles who've found a stash of boxed, unused 6 speed XT drivetrain gear at the back of a warehouse they're willing to sell for " karma prices " or the £300+ fork in excellent condition that went for £20.
    You don't know AT ALL what's going to be there and I do my level best to keep " professional traders " out of it and the deals at a " mates rates " karma level. The Chard Wheelers and Ripley Bike Jumble organisers ( whole run annual events ) are amazed I do this on a monthly basis but that's because there's paasion there and it's a social and not necessarily a " sales " event.

Drac

No, I'm not knocking the event itself think it's great to have a car boot sale just for bikes week in week out. I sure there's some cracking stuff turns up too , I know what's in my garage that I really should move on some of which I've already just given away. Just like any sale though some people really do sell some shite.

Good work though and keep it up.

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

: )
    Ooh I know, we get some right hemorroids turning up posing as bicycles or components. The problem is not dealing with the frustration but coping with the giggles!

Drac

Aye that's probably the best way to deal with it, sniggering.

Or have that video clip bananaworld posted in your head.

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

It's already in there on standby. 😆

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

It's already in there on standby. 😆

Drac

DOH!

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

Occasionally, my ISP does a " dial up. "

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Bike Jumble is TOMORROW!’ is closed to new replies.