Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bristol Bike Fest roll call
  • clubber
    Free Member

It’s nearly here! Who’s going to be racing the Bike Fest this weekend?

The trails are dry and FAST, the forecast is good, it should be a great day (well, weekend).

I’ll be there with the LVIS team resplendent in purple and gold on my Swift or possibly my cross bike (I’ve always wondered if it would actually be slower – I reckon it will be slightly, particularly after a couple of laps)

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes, I’m doing pairs 12 😯 (knackered back and minging cold at mo too) and we have a few other riders doing solos.

We’ll be next to the Halfway up mtb guys who have about 20 teams entering or something 😀

nedrapier

Hello! I’m “racing” the 12 in a SS pair. Bringing the little green bike, a large cool box and a deck chair. Expecting lap times to dip a little in the afternoon.

nedrapier

Just checked the entry list. Could be on for a podium in the SS pairs… 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Entries still available? Would be a good warm up for mayhem

IA

Yup, pairs 12 for me.

Entries for everything but solo still going I think?

Edric64
    Free Member

12 hour old gits team of 4 ,well 2 old gits and 2 younger fitter blokes

clubber
    Free Member

Rocketdog – I’m pretty sure you can still enter as a team of 2,3 or 4. Solo’s closed IIRC.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Yep, multiple teams arriving from MBSwindon (Builders of the now legendary Croft Trail).

Our strategy of Lap: Beer: Lap: Beer: Lap: Pasty will pay dividends

pedalhead
    Free Member

Dreaming Tyres will have loads of teams as usual. Minus me though unfortunately…busted rib from the Highland Trail 🙁 …so I’ll be pit monkey instead this year.

rickon
    Free Member

Nope. First Bikefest weekend I’ll not be riding in 4 years 🙂

I’ll be doing a ride up a Scottish Mountain from the house instead.

Then a beer. Or many beers. From my Bristol Oktoberfest pint glass. 🙂

Have fun in the sun everyone, remember your sunscreen and water!

LoCo
    Free Member

The 4 of you will be missed Ricks, not your sticky ‘savoury snack delights’ though 😉

AndrewJ
    Free Member

12 hours solo for me but this time I’ll be doing it with gears and a suspension fork as I’m getting soft in my old age.

I’m riding with the Loco Racing team, black tops with Loco on the back. So when you pass me some encouraging abuse would be welcome!

Won’t be the same without you Rickon! 🙁

Edric64
    Free Member

Our old gits team scrapes into the category by a year ! How far into a 12 hour team race can you start on the beer ?

rickon
    Free Member

Thanks AndrewJ, you’ll have to drink more red wine and beer to make up for me not being about 😉 will miss the nonsensical conversations and berating you on each lap.

spev

We have two teams in, one team of teenyboppers (average age 22) and and team of two (previously three but ones ill) in the old gits. I say teams but we are way more shonky than that. We don’t even have team shirts ( unless the fabric marker pen works)

clubber
    Free Member

Just noticed that my team is showing in the ‘mixed’ category. 🙂

Admittedly I’ve heard it said that I ride like a girl but I’m pretty certain we’re all blokes. And besides, the girls would probably be faster than me anyway 😳

nedrapier

You can enter the “confused” category with the “Dreaming Tyres Mixed Pairs” team, who’ve put themselves down as female pair. 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

There’s a joke in there but I daren’t do it 🙂

hughjengin
    Free Member

Team of 4, first time as an over 40’s team. First time at BBF weather looking good, in fact thinking about sloping off from work soon, to get down there and sit in the sun 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Bike Fest roll call’ is closed to new replies.