• This topic has 41 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Leon.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Bristol bike Fest results on line now…
  • oxym0r0n

Here: http://www.timelaps.co.uk/assets/uploads/EventReport.aspx?eventID=65AshtonCourt06/06/2009

Thoroughly disappointed with my effort, esp the 1:33 lap 🙁 Next time…

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Hiya, what was the lap distance this year?

SammyC
    Free Member
    JamesD
    Free Member

Cheers for the tip-off.

3rd in our cat. & my fastest lap 30:46 so v. pleased… top event all round 🙂

AdamT

JD, Is your lap time so pleasing cos you beat mine by 55seconds? (git) Bet you didn’t think it’d be that close tho eh? Awaits ave lap time stat!

pypdjl
    Free Member

Heh, first lap was 1.09 and second was 36.45, the queue made a bit of a difference!

MrAgreeable

I was quite impressed with our 3rd place in Mixed Pairs, and now it turns out that we technically got beaten by Daiboy from Psyclewerx, riding on his own after his partner didn’t turn up. 😳

Slight hijack: Sammy, have you got any pics of my sweet one footer? 🙂

MrAgreeable

Dimmaman, the Bike Fest website says 10k a lap.

lady_luck
    Free Member
    charlierevell
    Free Member

Oxy…. how did you do a 1hr 33 lap?
    What were you doing???
    I didnt manage that on my first lap!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Quite happy with my 31st out of 61 in the solo, not bad for an old biffer.

clubber
    Free Member

You should have raced in old gits solo, KT

KINGTUT
    Free Member

You should have raced in old gits solo, KT

Didn’t know the cat existed until on the day.

0091paddy
    Free Member

Great event, we came 3rd in the ‘Team 4 Male Open’, although we were in 2nd at one point! Was a close call.

😀

Leon
    Free Member

I managed to lose 20 minutes on my last lap (and about 5 places in the overall, thankfully none in our category) by setting off with a slow puncture (mental note – check bike before starting lap next year). I tried pumping it up- it went down again. Swapped the tyre over, messed about with a borrowed CO2 inflator (couldn’t make it work), and eventually pumped it by hand. Slowest change ever?

MrAgreeable

It wouldn’t be a proper race if you didn’t have something to mentally flagellate yourself about afterwards. 🙂

Leon
    Free Member

I blame Ian PV. It turns out it was him who “borrowed” my own CO2 inflator (the one I can operate 🙂

P.S. Does anyone have a head like a mekon and want a p1ss-pot lid. Fantastic prize for a cross country rider with a tiny head…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

P.S. Does anyone have a head like a mekon and want a p1ss-pot lid. Fantastic prize for a cross country rider with a tiny head…

I’m not laughing.

Honestly..

Much..

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Shocking bikefest prizes shocker 😉

clubber
    Free Member

You only lost 9 minutes on your last lap Leon, you big drama queen!

ianpv
    Free Member

It was identical to mine 😳

You still won the luddites category though.

Trimix
    Free Member

How much faster would the SS’ers be if they had gears do you reckon ?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

How much faster would the SS’ers be if they had gears do you reckon ?

They’d be slower.

MrAgreeable

The answer is “not very much” I reckon. Me and Lady_Luck raced on rigid singlespeeds and were putting in similar lap times to last year, in much tougher conditions. At least until my shonky Shimano freewheel gave up the ghost. It’s a good course for SS as you can make up way more time on the climbs than you can on the singletrack.

Taz

Time Laps are great.

My mates were in a pair. The first 1 broke his saddle on the first lap but did complete the lap. The other broke his hanger in the first section. So abandoned. Both went home in the huff but somehow registered 3 laps 😀

I did a 34 minute lap followed by a 45 minute lap (technicals) and got 2 ~ 40 min laps.

In fairness pretty much everything else across our 6 teams / pairs seemed pretty darn close.

I love the event though. Always been a good w/e.

Leon
    Free Member

I don’t think I’d be much faster at all gears. POssibly slower, as I’d have the option of taking it easy on the climbs. Perhaps I’ll ride gears next year to see. I think my old Santacruz superlight was faster though. The suss means you can just ride straight over everything, instead of actually having to pick a line!

Was it really only 9 mins? That included some time to stop and talk to Dr. Boyd, re: Tess, and redirect the St. Johns guys on the quad bike. Not the worst change ever then…

clubber
    Free Member

I saw someone in front of me break their saddle on the first lap – the rails came out, leaving the top of the saddle on the trail with the rails still attached to the seatpost and he didn’t realise until I shouted – I didn’t want to witness the potential accident…

MrAgreeable

Shocking bikefest prizes shocker

The prizes at the Dig and Pig were good though, eh? 😉

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

The prizes at the Dig and Pig were good though, eh?

Supurb, that Antony chap knows his onions.

MrAgreeable

The prizes were mostly from the same people who organise and sponsor the Bike Fest.

cheers_drive

On one lap I was catching another rider towards the end of the lower quarry trail went he kicked out a leg to attempt to clear a large branch that had fallen across the trail out of the way. Who was it – Antony trail building even whilst racing 🙂

MrAgreeable

Cheers_Drive, that was probably me. I might get some shoes made with little shovels on the end so I can fill holes on the go. 🙂

youngj1
    Free Member

The prizes were mostly from the same people who organise and sponsor the Bike Fest

Looks like they gave you all the decent prizes then – I’m loving my dodgy green t-shirt! Well worth barrowing a few tonnes of stone down upper and lower quarry….

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

The prizes were mostly from the same people who organise and sponsor the Bike Fest.

Difference being that pooh brown XXXL corduroy effect riding shorts are just our cup of tea 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Difference being that pooh brown XXXL corduroy effect riding shorts are just our cup of tea

Damn I left before the raffle.

cheers_drive

It was definately you Mr A

I was amazed at how well the trails held up, no doubt due to the work of the BTG

MrAgreeable

Cheers Cheers_Drive and everyone else who made kind comments about the work me and the other volunteers have done on the trails. Shame about the deluge on Sunday as I thought we were going to get off lightly, but I’m sure the damage to the trails will seem a bit less catastrophic when they’ve dried out a bit.

Obligatory plug: I was meaning to rattle the collection tin a bit after the race, and come up on Sunday too, but things didn’t work out as planned due to my friend’s accident. If anyone does fancy donating, Paypal to bristoltrailsgroup@gmail.com is the quickest and easiest way, or there’s a postal address for us on the BTG website.

And you can sign up to our forum at http://www.bristoltrailsgroup.com for news and updates on trail days, or find us on Facebook.

oxym0r0n

Oxy…. how did you do a 1hr 33 lap?
    What were you doing???
    I didnt manage that on my first lap!

I was thinking about this last night, Charlie and on reflection I think they must have missed a lap of mine, as I did not crash/stop etc. at all apart from short snack stops and a quick brake pad change about lap 7ish.

Oh well…

milkherd
    Free Member

They missed a lap of a guy in the 3 hour race on Sunday – he actually came 2nd but they had him in 7th! Timelaps were quite good about it and could see the mistake so changed it (after the podium and prizes though…!)
    They’re usually pretty good but the thick layer of mud on everyone’s number board probably didn’t make it very easy…

hopster
    Free Member

What’s wrong with timing chips on each rider, that would reduce the chance of a timing problem surely.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Bristol bike Fest results on line now…’ is closed to new replies.