Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Bristol Area Riding
  • wallop

It’s still there – next to Cumberland Basin.

egb81
    Free Member

Big bmx track in Arnos Vale Park to, behind the htv studios. Worth checking out.

shiatostorm
    Free Member

lets face it, Bristol is awesome for biking

Milkie
    Free Member

I did not know the Arnos Vale track was finished! 😯 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

There’s a DJ spot very close to Emersons.

egb81
    Free Member

I did not know the Arnos Vale track was finished!

Yep, been finished for quite a while now, at least since about March.

Alpha1653

Whoop whoop! Taking over keys to the new house tomorrow! I feel like I’m coming home…

hypnotoad
    Free Member

It’s been a while since I’ve been for a decent ride round Ashton Court, Leigh woods, 50 acre wood, etc.

If you can take a gander as some OS maps, they show many trails and how steep they are, it can be quite fun exploring and finding new routes. 🙂

shiatostorm
    Free Member

there’s hardly any trails on the OS map…best way is enter Leigh woods from North road and follow the trails in there. Some are marked…quite a few are not.

egb81
    Free Member

Most of the off piste trails won’t be on any maps. Most of the good stuff is in the gorges not far past the far point of the Yer Tiz trail. Hard to explain but many local riders can show you. I’d offer but I’m off the bike post knee surgery.

ransos
    Free Member

I live in Horfield too and am up for Sunday morning rides. I’m a bit time limited with, ie. kids but usually go to Cwmcarn but am up for different stuff. Up for W2 soon if anyone else is interested. I have just started road riding too

For road riding I suggest you contact NBCC. There’s a regular ride from Bradley Stoke at 10 on Sundays, so not too far from you. Moderate pace and a cake stop are mandatory.

The Cheesys do a regular friday night ride.

Si
    Free Member

Which trail is having the kickers built on? Smiths or possibly Higher Hare Knapp?

iamconfusedagain
    Free Member

For road stuff you are also spoilt for choice. There is Bristol South and the Severn too. When I last looked there was an easy ride on Sat morning from Winterbourne, people from the Severn and NBCC I believe.
    I shall be doing plenty of mixed rides lanes/bridleways once I get the last few races out of the way so if anyone wants to join me, feel free- I am minutes from Fishponds

Also anyone interested in keeping fit later in the year will be doing short hour long blasts around Oldbury court in the evenings, maybe Purdown too, mainly on cx type bike.

chrisharvey
    Free Member

I thought this thread had died! didn’t realise people were still going!

Had a day at Bike park wales on tuesday…what a place! Tore my hands to shreds from doing so many runs though :/

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Bristol Area Riding’ is closed to new replies.