Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bringing whisky back from Islay
  • ian911uk
    Free Member

Off to Islay in a couple of weeks for a short stay (2 nights). Plan is to visit a few distillerys and probably involve purchasing a few bottles for enjoying at home.
    Will be flying, ( southampton to glasgow and glasgow to islay), and only have hand luggage booked.

The question is how am i going to be able to get 4-6 bottles home? I did think about trying to find a nice strong box and then posting it home. Maybe the islay postoffice have some sort of dedicated service for this?

Any great ideas?

user-removed
    Free Member

The distilleries may offer a posting service? Can’t hurt to ask.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

If you cycled there you could put them in your panniers?

scotroutes

Many of the distilleries will post them for you.

ian911uk
    Free Member

Ah, yes thanks for pointing out the obvious. Not sure why i thought that i was going to have to sort the postage out myself. The distillery shops must post out hundreds of bottles everyday.

Thanks all

mattsccm
    Free Member

Bear in mind that unless you are going for factory specials, you will find most Islay stuff cheaper in the super markets.the nearest i got to the stuff on the island was a taste during a distillery visit

user-removed
    Free Member

True dat ^^^ Good excuse reason to spend at least £50+ on each bottle to get something a little bit special 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bringing whisky back from Islay’ is closed to new replies.