Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bringing a bike on Waterloo to Reading morning train
  • collinstommy
    Free Member

Looking a South West trains cycle policy it seems they allow full sized bikes on morning trains leaving Waterloo (getting off after Feltam). They do warn that bikes may be refused if the train is too full.

Does anybody travel this route, Waterloo – Reading on weekday mornings? Anybody have any trouble bringing a bike on?

Cheers

brakes
    Free Member

can’t comment on the Reading train but I’ve got trains out of Waterloo heading to Surrey plenty of times on a morning during peak times.

allthepies
    Free Member

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/uploads/cyclesontrains2010map.pdf

So A.M out of Waterloo is as you mention, would be interested to hear real-world stories though 🙂

Doh1Nut

Waterloo trains on the line to Portsmouth are very empty at 7am. I think I am right in saying that the Portsmouth line (Surbiton / Woking etc)is the most oversubscribed line in the county – which would suggest if that is OK then the Reading line would be fine also.

Nick

collinstommy
    Free Member

Cheers for the info all. Looks like it should be fine then.

anjs
    Free Member

Going the other way its a nightmare and is normal no seat space left by Bracknell. Should be ok going the other way though.

collinstommy
    Free Member

The reading train leaving from Waterloo was fine, plenty of space getting on at Waterloo. A lot of passengers got on a at Clapham junction but had a seat and space for the bike by then 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bringing a bike on Waterloo to Reading morning train’ is closed to new replies.