Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Bring The Darkness – Wednesday TBC ride in conjunction with Nightsun (nearly)
  • jimmy

Tomorrow night's plans (according to me) are a return to GT and if anyone has any sneaky trail secrets lets try them out rather than bog-standard red.

List your cars available, lifts needed and sneaky trail knowledge henceforth.

I have space for 2 currently. If TBC crew are sorted to go from there, I will be leaving from Crewe Toll at 6ish, or can be en route or elsewhere a bit earlier.

Lights might be a good idea….

ojom
    Free Member

You better be taking me Jimjam. Or you will never see your pikes again…

jimmy

Nae problem ken. Thought the Uglitaxi migth be departing from Le Shoppe.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Aye, i'll bring my bike to work as per normal and as long as I don't get held up i'll meet you all at GT. I take it we meet at the bottom car park yeah and not the bufty one half way up the hill?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

No local knowledge although I did take my GF up the Gypsy Glen on Sunday, doable with lights for the last hour I recon.

ojom
    Free Member

PG – bottom park FTW OMG LOL WTF. 1.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

8) 😆

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I was looking forward to this – but work gets in the way again 🙁

druidh
    Free Member

PaulGillespie – Member
    I did take my GF up the Gypsy Glen on Sunday .

If that isn't a euphemism, it certainly deserves to be.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

So am I biking on my own in the hills tomorrow?

ojom
    Free Member

Come with

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Maybe pop along tomorrow. Know some good little bits, but they are a tad muddy at the moment.

robgarrioch

No way I'll 'get to da choppa' in time for a GT rendezvous… 🙁

Will keep an eye out for you in the hills & dales, Mr Menmuir 🙂

stanfree
    Free Member

Sadly working crappy shifts the next two weeks , Shame as I could have tried my DealExtreme lights to see If there any good. 😥 Rob the bike rack seems fine So I will need to square you up when I next see you. Do you have to fit it off centre slightly as the wheel sticks out a fair bit.? Still It seems pretty robust .

Enjoy GT .

coastkid
    Free Member

im going for a beach ride on the beast as been a while and it involves no driving and maybe a hip flask 😮
    and another forum once called me a GT mincer so i dont want to hold anyone up on the descents 😉 :mrgreen:
    have fun and see you all soon…

druidh
    Free Member

I'm sorry to say that total driving and riding time will exceed my availability.

househusband

Local pootle, it at all, methinks tonight.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

druidh – Member

PaulGillespie – Member
    I did take my GF up the Gypsy Glen on Sunday .

If that isn't a euphemism, it certainly deserves to be.

She wasn't too keen on it to start with but once we got going she loved it! 😉

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Househusband, where's local for you?

Garry_Lager

Would like to join ye, but nae charge in me lights / not enough time to get out there. Shiteland hills for me I reckon.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

so that's 4 of us then, still up for GT or should we stay local?

ojom
    Free Member

GT for me, n Jimmy, n Kiwi Joe

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

ok. I'll see you down there.

househusband

Househusband, where's local for you?

Just outside Dalkeith – off the A68.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

much riding down there?

househusband

Loads of woodland singletrack; can do 40km from the door with only 20% on road.

coastkid
    Free Member

paul heres some film,one of a few we did one day, great trails, right im off out to play 😮

Mid Lothian singletrack…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Nice one lads, fast as **** 😀 well most of us were 😉 and cheaper than therapy. Great fish and chips too, gotta love that salt, vinegar and brown sauce.

ojom
    Free Member

And cider in Tesco car park. Win.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

You must have been down sharp to get the chippies open, they always seem to shut early when I want to go.

I prefer Big Ebs but they were closed last time we went, so round to the one on the main street, which looked to be shut and they were bringing in the giant ice cream cone.

"Are you still open?"

"Oh yes, come in, come in."

"Two bags of chips please."

"We've no chips."

And we only just caught the one in Penicuik.

I've always been puzzled by the Scottish tourist industry – a tourist town like Peebles and the chip shop shuts at nine (or earlier). Still I suppose they must know their market.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

When I lived in Yorkshire the local chippy was hardly ever open and the ones in Bridlington were woeful. Especially bad for a seaside toon.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

You're right and I could never understand English chippies not opening on a Sunday (or even Saturday in one case near Darlington).

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Paul, if you want to come for a ride in Midlothian give me a shout. In fact how about a magical mystery tour in the next couple of weds before the nights draw in much more?

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Bring The Darkness – Wednesday TBC ride in conjunction with Nightsun (nearly)’ is closed to new replies.