Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Bring back the frost please
  • trout
    Free Member

Just had the toughest six miles on the canal towpath ever this morning .
    mud with the consistency of thick porridge and as sticky as a very sticky stuff.

please let it freeze up again

Bernaard
    Free Member

Too right. Did 25m mud plugging yesterday. Was glad to get on the road for once, just to clear the crap out of the tyres.

Hairychested
    Free Member

trout, I did the similar a couple of days ago. Massive mud!
    -10 degrees please!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nicolaisam
    Free Member

Went out yesterday.Did 15 miles felt like 50 miles

GrandWazooo
    Free Member

another one longing for weather maps to go blue again
    I do every winter
    fugging bedfordshite clay!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

-10 degrees please!

Went for a walk today & saw 3 swans on a lake. 2 were dead, don’t think the 3rd was wanting -10deg again. Sad sight.

Was very claggy on the canalside mind.

_tom_
    Free Member

I’m sticking to the roads til it either dries up or goes back to frost.

rOcKeTdOg

it was gloopy in places and frozen in others last night, i’d prefer + temps please

jamesb
    Free Member

+1 for roads really enjoyed a 30 mile road ride today, no ice , no fog, very few cars.Sunny spells too, birds singing as if springtime ; able to spin along happily for 2 hours and one big hill climb too.
    But off on MTB tomorrow, and on rocky / FC circuits so no mud 🙂 Although crisp and picturesque I can live with it not being -10 again !

alraedy had two 10 day speels here with scenes like this, enough for my winter:

River Ithon white frost by jamesld8, on Flickr

takisawa2

Had the daft idea of kicking-off pre-dawn & watching the day-break on Cannock Chase. Picked up the FtD at the campsite, but was in a right mess so gave up at next junction. Predicted -6c tonight so that lot will be intresting in the morning…

FtD Mudbath 01-01-10 by pten2106, on Flickr

[Edit: the bike was really there, not sure why it looks photoshopped]:-)

Alex

Malverns = dry. Well mainly. Full of people tho. Lordy, I’ve never seen so many. Should calm down in a couple of weeks. Afan/Cwmcarn last week tho – muddy/slushy pad eating grit.

_tom_
    Free Member

That lot at Cannock is gonna be rough when it dries hard 🙁

jools182
    Free Member

+1 for minus temps
    Hate the mud, its soul destroying

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Hmm, First day out on the Mendips today since before the snow – about three weeks. Was dreading a complete mudfest, but actually it was pretty firm. Sticky in places, but mostly fine.

soobalias
    Free Member

think thats the first time ive seen pics of follow the dog – looks great.

grtdkad

Have enjoyed the crisp, virgin snow but got fed up with slush and slop…the local mud is not too bad – just need the bloody fog to lift.

nickegg
    Free Member

Enjoyed a loop of The Wall trail at Afan today. It was almost perfect….no big puddles and a nice amount of grip with just the odd patch of speed sapping mud.

tazzymtb

the clywds were an absolute slopfest today totally knackering 30 miles I had to have extra cake at cafe florence to make up for it 😀

crazy-legs

I want a proper winter. None of this “a little bit of snow for a week then it all goes” crap, I want snow and minus temps for 3 months. Then it can go. Nice frozen trails, a month of muddy shite then summer.

We had a week of snow, a few days of thaw then another week of snow then thaw again. Went riding round some of my old haunts when I was in London over Christmas, dear God I’d forgotten how muddy Swinley Forest and the North Downs can be. 🙁

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh I get what you’re saying. My ride to/from work yesterday was pure shite. Cycle path was covered in grit, mud and all sorts of other crap, when I got to work I looked like I’d been down bloody pit. Oh and a puncture both ways too.

Nice short road ride today though.

molgrips
    Free Member

I hate riding in the snow. It’s a laugh for a bit but if you want to get any decent riding done it’s a pain in the balls. Esp if it’s deep.

transporter13
    Free Member

The stuff at woburn was fine today 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

My last ride of 2010 had the bike completely clogged with mud a one point.

dawson

it was just going crisp with frost on my ride last night, so wasn’t too bad

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Bring back the frost please’ is closed to new replies.