Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bring back harmful additives!
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

Just had my first pack of mini-cheddars in ages.

Talk about deflated, instead of the light & crispy cheezy delight I was expecting my tongue and taste buds to revel in, I was rewarded with a pale bland imitation of the snack formerly known as mini-cheddars.

Which got me to thinking, whats the deal with penny sweets these days? Nowhere near as potent. Even Haribo varieites seem to all be made wth the same firm-but-not-really-chewy gelatin base.

Yet, go abroad somewhere less..restrictive, and you are treated with luminous sweets that make your head spin.

I miss E-numbers. And salt.

If I want to treat myself, then I want the full effect. Making snacks healthy is just plain wrong.

What else used to taste tons better but is now a pale imitation of its former self?

druidh
    Free Member

khani
    Free Member

Vimto….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    somouk
    Free Member

Just come to America, they have all sorts still allowed out here which is why most of the steak is so much better than the UK let alone the sweets!!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Steak in the states is good??? …. They cant even cook it ffs

slimjim78
    Free Member

somouk – I gorged on american chocolate and root beer last year and was subsequently ill for 3 days afterwards.
    honestly, my stomach and guts were in bits, I was vomiting, and I felt dizzy for days.
    Im convinced it was the HFCS you guys pump into everything – its evil stuff.
    Can’t even look at Reese’s peanut butter cups without heaving now..

Give me E numbers, but please keep your corn syrup. Im pro sugar.

Wookster

HP sauce…….. Ruined……. 😥

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bring back harmful additives!’ is closed to new replies.