• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Brighton to Eastbourne via SDW & Stanmer & Friston 19/8/12 (Sunday)
  • zinger
    Free Member

Hi

I’m planning on doing a ride from Brighton to Eastbourne (And then catching train back to Brighton on Sunday as the weather looks good for sunday)

Plan is to ride up to Devils Dyke – then some singletrack action before heading to Stanmer park via the south down way and other tracks

Then a blast down through Stanmer Park taking in some nice singletrack before climbing back up onto the south downs way

Then I will cut down to friston forest and ride some the the nice singletrack in there before getting back onto south downs way and heading to eastbourne – and head down the mtb trails down to eastbourne station.

I Did something similiar a few weeks back and it was around 45 miles in distance – Of that only 2 miles are on road

Any one interested ??, pace will be nice and steady – but a good level of fitness will be required, and i’d recommend a full range of gears

Ride will be at least 6 hours – so bring plenty of food and fluids & be self sufficient for repairing your bike

Would be starting ride at 10am at this car park (point B) (plenty of free parking)

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Brighton+Station,+Queen%27s+Road,+Brighton&daddr=Devil%27s+Dyke+Rd&hl=en&sll=50.860076,-0.177112&sspn=0.011201,0.01929&geocode=FUaTBwMdLNf9_yGBdRVIHyAQmSltBSVbdIV1SDGBdRVIHyAQmQ%3BFfcQCAMd1UT9_w&oq=brighton+station&t=h&mra=ls&z=14

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Brighton to Eastbourne via SDW & Stanmer & Friston 19/8/12 (Sunday)’ is closed to new replies.