• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by rjj.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Brighton road ride
  • rjj
    Free Member

Hi,

Looking for a 40 -50 mile road ride setting off from Brighton sea front – anyone got any good and simple routes.

Cheers,

Richard

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Have you looked at cycle-route.com, lots of rides listed from Brighton

5lab

the trouble with Brighton is you have to get out (of brighton and over the downs) before the riding starts to get nice. A nice loop would go out towards devils dyke, then through places like wineham and twineham, through the lanes as far around as you want to go, then pop into the nice cafe/bike shop in hassocks for a cuppa before up ditchling beacon and coast back to the town centre along ditchling road.

birdage

Better road riding on Lewes-surrounding country lanes via Ringmer, Barcombe, Fletching, Nutley loops. Or head east along seafront to Rottingdean, Seaford, Exceat, Alfriston, Ripe, Ringmer, Lewes, Brighton kind of way? Can throw in Plumpton, Ditchling and Hassocks to extend the ride? Sorry I tend to make it up as I go along and hit the map if I’m lost.

Sussex Bike Club (check their Facebook page) leave Lewes most Sundays about 10am on 40/50 mile rides and a few of them cycle in from Brighton.

birdage

Thinking about it Ross at Proper Coffee Cafe mentioned by 5lab is one of the main guys in Sussex Bike Club.
    There’s also some routes on the Hassocks Community Bike hire website and on East Sussex County Council (and other Council) websites.

rjj
    Free Member

Cheers – think I’ll plan a route that tackles Devils Dyke and then heads over to the Beacon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Brighton road ride’ is closed to new replies.