Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Brighton pubs
  • hilldodger
    Free Member

Any reccomendations for a ‘non gastro-pub’ for a weekday late lunch?

Was thinking out towards Rottingdean way to avoid the centre lunchtime madness, will be on foot so needs to be within walking/bussing distance from centre

JoB
    Free Member

the Basketmakers Arms on Gloucester Rd is my default proper pub in central Brighton

it’s a long walk to Rottingdean

hilldodger
    Free Member

Rottingdean’s Ok for distance if weather fine, walk along seafront as far as marina, up the steps then along the clifftop, get the bus back (Number 12?)
    But Basketmakers looks a good location for the centre, will have a look

scrumfled
    Free Member

The office on sydney street does great thai, or if you’re ok with burritos the hare and hounds is now a second home for La Choza.

grievoustim
    Free Member

Go to the hobgoblin for a trolls pantry burger

Delicious and good local cask beers on tap too

hilldodger
    Free Member

More after a “traditional pub grub” meal – so decent ploughmans, pies, grills etc

senorj

I always go here
    http://www.theploughinnrottingdean.co.uk/
    when in Rottingdean.decent food & pint.

It is quite a walk though……maybe call them to order you food as you leave the marina 🙂

mrmoofo

Loads of pubs
    Some do good food
    Can’t actually think of too many around Rottingdean TBH.
    Hare and Hounds is getting a good rep,
    As does the Basketmakers ..
    The Worlds End does good BBQ stuff, but it does strike as a a bit of a dump!

hilldodger
    Free Member

Yes, will do some “research” I think 😀

robbonzo
    Free Member

Connaught in Hove is good, walking in the other direction. Nice food and a little pub garden.

myti
    Free Member

The George is one of my favs in Brighton and won’t be too hectic on a weekday. It’s veggie pub grub but don’t let that put you off I love my meat but this is in my top three.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Well seems to be a cluster of reccommendations in the area of the George so will have a look round, thanks for the tips

spacemonkey

Bath Arms in the Lanes.

Lifer
    Free Member

The Worlds End is horrible everything.

George is great, took my bro there and he had the sausage and mash, didn’t know it was veggie until I told him. Good beer too.

At the top end of Trafalgar Street the Prince Albert also has good selection of beer, food a bit cheaper than the George and never had a bad meal there.

Bit further up the hill past the station The Battle of Trafalgar is a good old school pub, favourite all day breakfast in Brighton but haven’t had it for a while so…

Prince Albert would be my recommendation centrally.

chiefgrooveguru

The World’s End does amazing barbeque and they serve Hepworth beer (and I work less than 100 yards away!) What more can you want? 😉

mrmoofo

The World’s End does amazing barbeque and they serve Hepworth beer (and I work less than 100 yards away!) What more can you want?

Slightly less frightening clientele
    And the occassional visit by the cleaners?

muggomagic

Slightly less frightening clientele
    And the occassional visit by the cleaners?

Get yourself to the Hikers then you’ll realise it’s all relative.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Brighton pubs’ is closed to new replies.