Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Brighton BIG DOG
  • littlebear
    Free Member

What a great day and a great race… Undoubtedly the best course i have ridden this year..! If you weren't there then make sure you put it in your race diary for next year. I would rave on but it might get boring 😀

garlic
    Free Member

"Brighton Big Dog, the bike race with wasps' How many times did you get stung? I got stung on every lap. Still itching as we speak…

Good fun though.

soma_rich
    Free Member

anyone guess the age of the green Kona?

littlebear
    Free Member

See they thought of everything, wasps nests and all 😆 I was lucky and got away wthout, mind I would rather have got stung than had massive cramps on my last lap which was more annoying, as it meant we could not get another lap in due to time restrictions 🙁

TheSlider
    Free Member

Brilliant course and great conditions for racing. Many thanks to Rory and all the guys for doing the business.
    Just about to put this on the big dog forum but did anyone lose a cycle computer during the race. One of our 'massive team of supporters' picked one up.
    See you all next year, can't wait !!

RORY RULES UK !

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Did anyone see the Big Bike Bash stand?

Did you say hello and are you coming to our event next weekend. More of a complete weekend festival with beer and music than a simple race but still got a great course.

grievoustim
    Free Member

garlic – I got stung on the first lap, but the course was re-routed after that. Bad luck, I didn't realise the wasps were getting to the diversion too!

littlebear
    Free Member

Did anyone see the Big Bike Bash stand?

Did you say hello and are you coming to our event next weekend. More of a complete weekend festival with beer and music than a simple race but still got a great course.

Im not about next weekend have to go and sun myself for a week then have a long weekend in Wales for the August BH 😉

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Yes was a fantastic course, enjoyed every single one of my laps.

Can't wait until next year.

Did any one get any pics?

hazeii
    Free Member

At least 6 stings here, all still itching, all on the first lap. Nice bit of improvisation by the marshalls to work around it, the extra climb around the nest was so painful I reckon they should have given us a line choice (would Sir prefer to be stung to death, or perhaps Sir would like to have his own legs sting him to death?).

Abiding memory is going to be rattling down the final bit of singletrack to the finish line, and suddenly hearing this quiet voice from behind saying she'd like to pass (and as soon as there was a passing spot she was gone).

WCA, think I put my back out loading the start/finish arch into your van (couldn't possibly have been due to the racing!).

Any reports from the party afterwards?

bigsi
    Free Member

yep i got some.

Will put em on Flickr in the next day or so and post back here.

numplumz
    Free Member

Great event and superb course, railing those descents made all that climbing worth the pain. Managed to avoid the stings, and quite liked the challange of the improvised detour.

On the XC racer site it mentions several photographers who were there.

The party was well attended, great location on the seafront, the bartab didnt last long, it was getting abused heavily by non racer friends from what I saw, great idea though.
    And cool off shore fireworks show specially for us racers too 😉
    Head and legs both equally sore today.

Napalm
    Free Member

Hi all, thanks for coming to the BigDog – you helped to make it all truly wonderful.
    The post race Survey is on-line now if you fancy telling us what you thought of it https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=fo3JBEK_2bpBMkAsbeWXxmBg_3d_3d.

Enjoy!

hazeii
    Free Member

Some great pics up in a thread over at Retrobike, this one made me smile. Full thread here.

Also found a few pics here on iBikeRide.

Napalm
    Free Member

Oh to have one that deserved it's own rosette.

Neil – how are the stings?

woodsman
    Free Member

Hopefully there will be some more pictures to come, as there were lot's of flashes going off around the course!

Mr Joolze's pics don't seem as comprehensive as Mrs Joolze's were last year…..

mike61
    Free Member

Everyone,

We are starting to post our pics today

<http://brightonmtb.org/&gt;

More will be added later durning this week including some awesome 'off's. We were Marshalling so most pics are from the stations we were allocated to.

Cheers

nedrapier

Mike, loved the event, brilliant course. Thanks!

Did the girl at the big log-hop have a camera?

And did anyone find a silver Specialized multitool? I got back from a lap to find my saddlebag open and no tool!

mike61
    Free Member

Hi Ned

We'll keep our eyes open for the tool and message you if it turns up.

Glad you enjoyed our playground and some of our trails.

Cheers

mike61
    Free Member

Apologies for the wasps.

One of the unused trails is called Sting-in-the-Tail for reason that are obvious.

Cheers

beacon2
    Free Member

The wasps got me good and proper. One of the stings was to my head where half my face swelled up, and my ankle ballooned up with another sting. The medics were top noch injecting me with stuff to ease the swelling.

Forced to pull out after the first lap, I’ll be back for next year. What other distraction will they throw at us next time?

Thanks to Rory and the team for a superb event.

Paceman
    Free Member

Roll Call…

Anyone else riding Big Dog this year?

Saturday 20th August.

5lab

I’ll be in Belize, so will have the joy of riding some rutted up trails on my return 🙂

VanHalen

dry dusty sunny belize or a wet and windy stanmer. sure there is no contest? mud all the way!

got a team entered.

Paceman
    Free Member

If it’s as wet as this past weekend then it’ll be carnage on some of those off-camber roots … should make for a fun day 😆

I’m wondering if they’ll open up the course to the trails over on the west of the park. It would make for a more interesting loop.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I’ve entered male pairs. Won retro pairs last time with a time that would have put us on the podium of male pairs, will be interesting to see what difference a modern bike that fits makes!
    either way, really looking forward to it

VanHalen

paceman – was that you out on sat morning? minging. really really minging.

it was fairly horrible last year in the rain. hoping for a dry race but then the rain is a good excuse for poor lap times.

Paceman
    Free Member

I was up there Sunday morning, it was better weather than Saturday, but the the singletrack was like riding super slippery speedway.

Also entered in the male pairs but won’t be anywhere near the podium. 🙄

chiefgrooveguru

I’m in the teams of three. Hoping it’s dryer than last year! Last Thursday before the rain came the trails were like riding nirvana – fast grippy awesomeness.

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

Team of three here, raced it when it was the revolver, past two years it’s been my boys birth and 1st birthday.

VanHalen

have you disowned him for this year?

Paceman
    Free Member

Also not done it since the first G2 Revolver event. Looking forward to it.

nomakoman
    Free Member

im riding with my brother…got a few pairs teams coming down form Lincolnshire all with a few cheeky bets on whos gonna come out on top…

first race ive done in 2 years since knee injury….time to see if theres still some speed there!

woodsman
    Free Member

Of course! 🙂

rossrobot
    Free Member

Doing the oneder lap this year as I’m a wimp and a few of us who regularly ride stanmer fancy racing one another. Really hoping the weather is better as stanmer has been cracking for the last few weeks.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Brighton BIG DOG’ is closed to new replies.