Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Bright light with remote switch?
  • deejayen
    Free Member

It’s for my recumbent, which has limited locations to mount a light, and probably none where I could easily reach it to change settings.

I’m currently using a Phillips self-contained light which has a decent enough spread of light. It has a cut-off beam making it traffic-friendly.

However, I would like to add a ‘main beam’ to give more distance and definition for fast riding on local single-track lanes and quiet roads.

My experience of LEDs is that the light can be a bit diffused, and they don’t give much definition to the verges or road obstacles (a colour temperature thing?). Perhaps a brighter light would help.

I don’t want to dazzle other road-users, so I would need to be able to switch it from high to off, or from high to low, ideally using a wireless switch (if reliable) or a long remote lead. My hands are probably 3 feet from where the light would be fitted (remote switch cable length would be longer if routed neatly)

I have some Dinotte lights, mainly the tail light, but nothing significantly brighter than the Phillips. It would be handy to standardise on batteries, but Dinotte don’t offer remote control.

A few years ago I bought one of Smudge’s battery packs with a standard halogen lamp, and I think I bought a compatible Vistalite remote switche. I’d have to dig the kit out, but I remember the halogen lamps seemed nice to use, but they obviously eat batteries.

I haven’t been keeping up-to-date on lighting developments, so would appreciate some suggestions for a light which would meet these criteria.

jimjam
    Free Member

An exposure equinox sounds exactly like what you’re after.

teamslug
    Free Member

My gloworm x2 has a wired remote but its nowhere near 3 feet long..more like 6″, it velcros to the side of my helmet when using as headtorch

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Bright light with remote switch?’ is closed to new replies.