Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bright / cheap self contained helmet light
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Just wondering what would be a good, bright & self contained light for sticking on me helmet when night riding?

Defiantly don’t want an external battery pack as I don’t often ride with a camel pack and don’t want wires trailing down my back.

Cheers

jimjam
    Free Member

Check out exposure. I’d recommend the diablo, but the joystick or even the new sirius may fulfill your needs.

Scapegoat

Tesco are doing Cree torches again. Just under a tenner for much brightness.

nickjb
    Free Member

DX torch, bright and cheap.

aracer
    Free Member

DX torch, bright and cheap.

Any particular model recommendations? Is T6 still the flavour of the month?

sam_underhill

Exposure Diablo is awesome, but it isn’t cheap.

Previously I had a Fenix torch, powered by rechargeable AAs, which worked well. It was, IIRC, only 200 ish lumens though.

ahwiles
    Free Member

fenix LD40/LD41

4 AA batteries + Cree LED + decent construction = really rather good.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

lezyne micro drive helmet mount is £8 – works great with DX torches

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Lots of choice here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=cree+headlamp&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Cut off the straps and velcro or zip-tie the lamp and battery pack to your helmet. Variations on AA / AAA / 18650 batteries available. Also, many have a focusable beam so you can choose / vary your beam pattern.

Not tried one yet, but probably going to give an XPG-based one a go very soon.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bright / cheap self contained helmet light’ is closed to new replies.