Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bright Budget rear light.. Solar storm equivalent?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Whats a bright rear light for night time back road rides..??
    My biggest worry is getting knocked off from behind on a quiet back road.
    Is there a rear light that throws a long spot so could be seen from round a corner? Under £30 would be ideal and I have some spare 18650 batteries so if thats a possibilty??

takisawa2

I sometimes use a P7 torch with a red Quality Street wrapper held over the lens with an elastic band. 🙂
    On flashing mode it’s stupidly bright.

robbieh
    Free Member

I have 2 Phart bonehead lights on my lid from on-one as an extra hi level aid to drivers

infidel
    Free Member

This works for me!

althepal
    dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Found the “Moon Shield” at £31.75
    proper quality and proper bright, recommended.

lunge

Whatever you use, use more than 1. For road stuff I have 1 on my seatpost flashing, 1 on my saddle bad constant and 1 clipped to my collar on fast flash. I have some kind of cateye thing and a couple of cheaper 5 led jobs. It seems to work ok.

benp1

I’ve got a holy hand grenade on my xmas list (cateye tl ld1100)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

lunge – Member
    Whatever you use, use more than 1.

Hear, hear!

Also, another hear, hear for the Moon Shield. I run two these days, one fixed on seatpost, one flashing on helmet. The only light good enough to make me hang up the venerable, yet still excellent, Holy Hand Grenade of Cateye. (Which still has better side visibility, IMO, but that’s less of an issue for my current commute. )

neninja
    Free Member

I use one of these I bought from Charlie – it’s very bright indeed.

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/pdw-portland-design-works—danger-zone-rear-light-mental-1912-p.asp

I tend to twin that with a Blackburn Mars 3 or one of the On-One lights linked to above depending on which I lay my hands on soonest.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

knog blinder

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bright Budget rear light.. Solar storm equivalent?’ is closed to new replies.