Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bridleways/BOATS/restricted byways – any trends as to what is more fun to ride?
  • poppa
    Free Member

Just wondering, I go exploring the local bridleways etc. Sometimes I find myself on something fun to ride, rooty tracks with steps etc. sometimes I find myself on a tedious flat muddy track. Are any of these tracks with rights of way generally more interesting than others, or is it just a case of pot luck?

joemarshall
    Free Member

Pot luck. Some of our best bits of singletrack and rocky descents round here are restricted byways, some of the bridleways are wide and easy. Even footpaths are sometimes pretty dull and easy.

Joe

vdubber67
    Free Member

I'd have to say it's pot luck, depending upon your locale.

Bridleways probably going to be better than BOATS I guess?

🙂

joemarshall
    Free Member

In areas prone to mud, BOAT often = rubbish riding in winter as it'll have had 200 motorbikes over it every weekend. On rock, it can maybe be the opposite, as they wear the track right down to the rocks rather than leaving a layer of earth on top.

Joe

stilltortoise
    Free Member

this is the kind of question I think up when work is really boring me 🙂

poppa
    Free Member

stilltortoise – I have no idea what you mean… 😳

It has bugged me for a while though. It takes ages to find the 2.7% of exciting singletrack for every tractor path round here.

jimthesaint

As a general rule of thumb a restricted byway on a hill with a decent slope will generally by 'rockier' than a bridleway in a similar location.

Well that seems to be the case here in the Clwydians.

higgo
    Free Member

As a general rule footpaths are the best but I'm prepared to use a BW if it's good enough.

llama

I know 2 boats near me that I think are only boats because no horse would get anywhere near to going down them. Way too technical – even the MXers push down them.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

We need Freeride Bridleways!

saltpig
    Free Member

cheeky trails

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bridleways/BOATS/restricted byways – any trends as to what is more fun to ride?’ is closed to new replies.