Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bridge Camera for under £100?
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

Morning all, looking for some advice on bridge cameras and I know this place is pretty much the fountain of all knowledge so thought I’d ask here.

My daughter is looking for a bridge camera, she’s 11.

My only criteria is that it has a rechargeable battery as past experience with camera’s and AA batteries is that they are crap and don’t last.

Can anyone reccomend something decent for no more than £100 ideally.

Thanks

Deveron53
    Free Member

A used Nikon P500 or slightly lower would be under £100 on Ebay. Make sure you get one with a proper viewfinder rather than just a rear screen. teaches better technique.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Thanks Deveron,

I’m not sure she will want a 2nd hand camera though but I’ll ask her.

Is there anything new worth looking at?

Thanks

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Sorry! I’ve just noticd this is in the wrong forum!

Can it be moved?

Thanks

jaylittle
    Free Member

I took a fuji film travelling a few years ago and it did a great job, it took a real battering and is still going strong. Newer models now have better zoom and more megapixels and retail for around £99. The only downside might be that it uses AA’s but this was an advantage for me as when travelling there wasn’t always the opportunity to charge it.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Thanks Jay, how long do you find the batteries will last? My past experience is not very and for an 11 year old that will not be good at all

jaylittle
    Free Member

It varied really. If the flash didn’t get used then battery life was extended quite a bit. I used duracells but really should have invested in some rechargeable batteries.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I wouldn’t get a bridge camera without a proper viewfinder. Imagine holding a 1000mm lens at arms length…
    I’ve just popped for a Nikon P520, I’ve had two of it’s predecessors. I always take 2 spare batteries and a car charger in my camera bag just in case.

There are some good ‘factory refurbished’ deals on Ebay. Basically, they are Nikon warranty returns that have had the fault fixed and Nikon have passed them back out to the dealer with a new warranty. They come in a black outer box rather than gold. Indistinguishable from new.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bridge Camera for under £100?’ is closed to new replies.