Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • bridge camera
  • rOcKeTdOg

Looking for something to take out biking and general use so needs to be fairly robust, don’t need interchangeable lenses but fast shutter/burst would be good.

Any ideas?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Sony rx10, or if you want something smaller one of the rx100 versions.

BillMC

I just got an Rx100 and am v happy with it. Version 1 is now considerably reduced in price.

ampthill

Rough idea of budget?

How big?

But Rx100 if its in budget

verses

Wanting to join in on this thread?

5thElefant
    Free Member

😆

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

My Fuji S5800 was great, and I love the HS10 I replaced it with.

rOcKeTdOg

Up to £300 budget

CountZero

Bridge cameras tend to be a bit bulky, because of the large body and long zoom, I’d go for a Lumix TZ60, decent zoom and very compact. The Sony RX100 can be had for around £300, it has a brilliant sensor, but has a much shorter zoom.
    Depends which is more important, a long zoom or a large sensor.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Canon G16 gets my vote

rOcKeTdOg

Hardly ever use the zoom on my panny TZ10. It’s been great but is now really bettered, has a scratched lens and is very temperamental

Rockdodger
    Free Member

Canon G15 or G16 both very good cameras and not to big. My G15 fits in my Camelbak with ease.

kiwijohn

Fuji X30. Or X20 on special.

Rosss
    Free Member

Panasonic FZ200 is a highly regarded camera, I’ve had a go with my brothers and the picture quality is a bit better than my Canon DSLR with the standard lens kit. Fantastic bit of kit for under £300 at some places, check out the stuff Graham Houghton does with it.

ampthill

Smaller Rx100

a bit bigger with better controls G15 or G16

5thElefant
    Free Member

Hardly ever use the zoom

Rx100 mk1

ampthill

Sorry yes the Rx100 Mk1

CountZero

Hardly ever use the zoom on my panny TZ10. It’s been great but is now really bettered, has a scratched lens and is very temperamental

It’s a few years old, now! I would really miss the 20x zoom on my TZ30, there’s a limit to how much you can crop a photo taken on a sensor as small as an average compact, and even cropping a photo taken on an RX10/100 has its limitations.
    Having said that, I would love an RX, for the image quality and low-light capability, being able to shoot at ISO 6400 without masses of digital noise would be great.
    Actually an RX sized compact with the A7S sensor would be perfect, ISO406,900 is very useful!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘bridge camera’ is closed to new replies.