Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bricks and mortar shopping
  • MussEd
    Free Member

So I bimbled into town this afternoon, money in the bank ready and psyched up to drop £600 on a genesis day one disc(no names) Walked into to the shop in question,on way over to the DOA I spotted the absolutely gorgeous CdF 931 stainless steel. Whilst the shop guy was chatting to another customer I had a closer look at the 931, picked it up checked the spec. And before I knew it I had upsold myself to this £2k bike from the Day One.

So I waited for the shop guy to come over. And I waited and listened to him explaining advances in modern saddle bags, to a guy and his son who sounded to me to be the very epitome of tyre kickers. And I waited, waited and looked at a couple of other bikes.

In the end I walked out. I’m not complaining, it must be tremendously difficult gauging who to spend time on, and have no doubt he’d have given me his full attention had he been able. But that was an opportunity missed.

Ben_H

I’ve been in that position before.

Sounds as if your commitment may have been fleeting, otherwise you’d have stayed – or would be ordering said 931 online as we speak. 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Just the one guy working in the shop?

Unfortunately, the other customer was there first. You could have butted in, politely, and asked if there was anyone else to help you out? If not, then just punch the other customer in the throat, and tell his kid to get the hell out of there before he’s next. Maybe even throwing a saddlebag at him as he runs away.

hatter

Go back and get it, they’re ace, well mine is, so yours should be.

MussEd
    Free Member

. You could have butted in, politely, and asked if there was anyone else to help you out? If not, then just punch the other customer in the throat, and tell his kid to get the hell out of there before he’s next. Maybe even throwing a saddlebag at him as he runs away.

Considered it. But I just loitered in the street and followed them home. Currently in the bushes watching them enjoy an early evening meal. Awaiting darkness so I can fully exact my vengeance*

*not really. I went for a pint. Now I’m at home, Awaiting the arrival of granny so we can go out and enjoy a meal and my mates soul band.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bricks and mortar shopping’ is closed to new replies.