Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Brick S**t House
  • TheDoog
    Free Member

Hey, Just wanted to know what kinds of diet everyone has, i stopped smoking at xmas, not really a heavy smoker but enough to slow me down a little. Anyway since stopping my lungs are getting back to their old self again and hills are way easier, i’m still slow going up tho cos i’ve piled on 9kg since stopping! Has anyone else had a similar experience? What kinda food is good for the cycling but wont pile on the pounds too??? i dont use any energy products when im biking i.e sis, hi 5, but i do eat a bit of dried fruit and flapjacks!! Any dietry advice appreciated!! Sorry for the long message!!
    Kev

nickc

Eat less. Exercise more, tis a tried and tested method.

TheDoog
    Free Member

I know ha ha, the only exercise i get is biking, prob never less than 50 mile a week, are there any exercises that compliment cycling more than others??

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

I’ve made the transition from “normal” foods to energy foods whilst out on the bike. Noticed that I feel less bloated and I don’t suffer from my mid ride energy slumps as much anymore. I’m using shot bloks, ride shots, the odd power bar and using some tesco own brand energy drink + water in my camelback.

Probably very high calorie count I haven’t noticed any weight gains.

EDIT: incase anyone’s wondering I’m not using all of those products together or else I wouldn’t sleep.

TheDoog
    Free Member

I think the weight gain is something ex smokers all have to bear, i guess this isnt the right forum to get advice on that tho, unless there are any medical folk about!!!

trailmonkey

Just forget about it for a few months. After smoking, you will pile weight on. Lots of reasons, slower metabolism, nicotine is an appetite suppresant etc. Wait for your body to get used to the massive change and it may start to regulate itself and get back to normal. If you’re still heavier than you’d wish to be then eat less, do more.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Brick S**t House’ is closed to new replies.