Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Brexit, still unsure? Watch this video…
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/iAgKHSNqxa8[/video]

chubstr
    Free Member

Swings it for me (not that it had to)

zippykona

Well reasoned arguments are lost on total ****.

richmtb

richmtb

It does show that if you remove yourself a little from the argument then the whole premise seems utterly daft.

DezB
    Free Member

He should be on bbc1 that fella, not hidden away on some sky channel. Prog he did about Scientific Studies was brilliant.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Very good and well put.

alpin
    Free Member

oi… i found that first….! 😉

find the song at the end rather catchy….

P-Jay
    Free Member

DezB – Member

He should be on bbc1 that fella, not hidden away on some sky channel. Prog he did about Scientific Studies was brilliant.

He’s great isn’t he!

I have to admit I didn’t know he had his own show now, I thought he was still on the Daily Show.

ads678

I made it 1 minute 30 seconds before I had to turn it off.

Load of crap, looks as though it was made for yanks.

cranberry
    Free Member

Why, exactly, are we “the world’s Ringo” ?

somafunk

looks as though it was made for yanks.

Woosh……….

MSP

I though that was one of his weaker segments, I am pro remain and normally a John Oliver fan, but that was a bit meh.

It is surprising how satire has boomed in the US following the success of the daily show, while it is currently dead an buried in the UK.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Sorry Alpin I didn’t see it on here earlier.

A friend from down under sent me the link.

richmtb – Member

It does show that if you remove yourself a little from the argument then the whole premise seems utterly daft.

+1

I have to admit I was worried about migrants and immigration but the new trade deals we will have to make will include migration and the Brexit team have no idea what will happen or if migration will decrease.

The Stay team have no idea either but they do know like everyone – what we currently have.

So it is a case of vote if you currently like what we have or vote for something new (which we have no idea).

If someone gave you a blank business plan, would you give them your vote? Maybe or maybe not.

cranberry
    Free Member

Does it get to a point where he explains to the American audience that the President of the European Council is unelected because that saves 500 million plebs from interferring in the democratic process ?

That should have them reaching for their AR-15s.

Ninja edit – EU -> made clear I meant Council.

Clobber
    Free Member

Oops ninja edit

DezB
    Free Member

Woosh……….

😆 And there was me wondering why it was on Sky Atlantic…

Bit more like it…
    Bin dun on that other thread.

ads678

Somafunk – Maybe it has gone over my head! Still thought it was shit and unfunny. Maybe i’m not the target demographic or something like that…….

miketually
    Free Member

Does it get to a point where he explains to the American audience that the President of the EU is unelected because that saves 500 million plebs from interferring in the democratic process ?

Is that also because the President of the EU doesn’t exist?

MSP

Does it get to a point where he explains to the American audience that the President of the EU is unelected because that saves 500 million plebs from interferring in the democratic process ?

That should have them reaching for their AR-15s.

I am pretty sure that he has in the past explained that the UK PM is unelected.

The President the European Council is elected by the European Council by a qualified majority. He is elected for a 2.5 year term, which is renewable once.

The President may not hold a national office at the same time.

theotherjonv

If someone gave you a blank business plan, would you give them your vote?

Good question well put

It would depend entirely on who that someone was. If it was someone i knew, and trusted, and who had a previous track record for successfully implementing business plans in other areas, I might have the confidence to say that i didn’t need to know the detail of their plan and that I was confident they’d do the right thing.

So who exactly would be in charge of the finer details of this as yet unspecified plan? Are they people with proven track records of similar accomplishments?

Boris, Michael Gove and Nigel Farage you say?

Ah.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Has Ben Elton had some work done? Looking great, Ben!

DezB
    Free Member

Not sure which thread to post this on, the main EU referendum one looks to be exactly as I predicted in Ton’s thread, with ernie_lynch waving his massive one over the head of all the others.

But, anyway, I can’t believe this is STILL the exit lots main lobbying tool (no, not Boris)
    From today’s lunchtime news…

You’d have to be pretty stupid to look at that and think “ooh, my local hospital will be fantastic if we leave the EU!”

Junkyard
    Free Member

Your summation of the thread is unfair as ernie has been pretty absent on it and not one of the most vocal

DezB
    Free Member

My apologies, I only looked at the last page, I think.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

His content might end up OK/good, but that guy is a bit of a dick and hardly funny – that must be canned/prompted laughter.

theotherjonv

Tough one that. if they repaint their bus at this stage and admit the figures are made up they lose credibility (that resource they had so much of to start with)

Instead, they can continue to pound it as if it were true and hope no-one notices. But we do, and it shreds their credibility anyway.

I can’t see that come the reckoning there are enough people taken in by this that leave has any sort of chance.

But I still feel shit scared, because maybe…. just maybe….. we are collectively that stupid.

fourbanger
    Free Member

That video made me realise how the average rational American feels when the majority of the rational world look in and see the actions of Trump, and wonder “how is this happening?” .

jambalaya
    Free Member

Another thread and one posting a video already linked to previously

bearGrease

Or this video

[video]https://youtu.be/USTypBKEd8Y[/video]

MSP
    DezB
    Free Member

Or this video

Christ, not again! I think this is what ton was on about, sick of the same thing over over and over on the media.

cranberry
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/watch?v=ulkh10sSmVE[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You’d have to be pretty stupid to look at that and think “ooh, my local hospital will be fantastic if we leave the EU!”

Certainly, I’m wondering what sort of shoddy construction and slave labour people are using to build a hospital for 350 Million, last 3 I have been working on are about 1 Billion.

v8ninety

I still feel shit scared, because maybe…. just maybe….. we are collectively that stupid.

There’s no ‘maybe’ about it. I’m pinning my hopes that ignorance and apathy go hand in hand. It’s the remain camp’s only hope to be honest.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    Another thread and one posting a video already linked to previously

and still no answers to it…

Still waiting for what the UK can do that it can’t do inside the EU that will make things better. You know good old positive thinking….

It’s the remain camp’s only hope to be honest.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-poll-final-brexit-comres-yougov-opinium-tns-survey-remain-leave-live-result-a7096316.html

One of the final polls before the EU referendum has shown Remain with a significant lead.

ComRes found Remain eight points ahead of Leave in the poll published late on Wednesday evening.

On Thursday voters across Britain will go to the polls to decide whether their country should remain in the EU.

Final Opinium poll shows Leave ahead by one point
    The poll, commissioned jointly by broadcaster ITV and the Daily Mail newspaper, shows Remain up three points since the same firm’s last survey, with Leave down three points.

Hoping that the crap from leave is motivating those that are neutral/middle/undecided to turn out and vote.

v8ninety

One of the final polls before the EU referendum has shown Remain

SO hope you’re right but the last GE destroyed any faith in both polls and ability of the populous to make sensible decisions. 😐

slimjim78
    Free Member

I couldn’t manage the whole thing, the Badiel/Elton love child was turning my stomach

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Brexit, still unsure? Watch this video…’ is closed to new replies.