Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Brexit Bulldog
  • mikeys

Anyone else find the Dead Ringers Brexit Bulldog sketch far funnier than it really should be?
    Brexit Bulldog – OUT

allthegear
    Free Member

It’s funny cos it’s true…

Rachel

Cowman

Dead ringers is as ever dead on the money at the moment.

frankconway

Yep – plunging into the seventh circle of hell……….

Murray

Brexit Bulldog is the best, just too effective a negotiator to be on the real UK team.

Twodogs

Dead Ringers went downhill for a while, imho, but this series is excellent…I loved the the Paloma Faith sketch, and John MacDonald is brilliant

codybrennan
    Free Member

McDonnell was brilliant.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Toblerone in Vegas…

Cougar

Is this TV or Radio 4 or something else?

andrewreay

Gove-y is excellent too.

It’s on Radio 4, Fridays 6.30pm and repeated on Saturday lunchtimes.

A real return to form.

Perhaps one of the few plus points of 2017, our politicians are so bad that they make for great satirical inspiration. A true vintage year.

Caher

Love it – always listen before sleep.

seadog101

Gove-y is worthy of a series all of his own.

kormoran
    Free Member

With the one exception of Brexit Bulldog I think it’s bloody awful. Proper monday night R4 IMO, I have no idea how it gets on a primetime slot.

ctk
    Free Member

Brexit Bulldog is good because its a good impression. Some of the impressions are shite.

JohnnyPanic

It is superb.
    ‘Hilary Mantel’ had me choking on my tea yesterday!

Northwind

ctk – Member

Brexit Bulldog is good because its a good impression. Some of the impressions are shite.

Golden rule of impressions isn’t it- if they say the name of the person they’re doing the impression of in the first line, they don’t have much faith in it.

slowster
    Free Member

It’s absolutely not a good impression of David Davis. It’s a caricature, like Alf Garnett (of whom the David Davis impression often reminds me because of his bombastic xenophobia and racism), which is blackly funny because the ridiculous deluded self-confidence of the caricature seems to be uncomfortably close to the truth when considering what David Davis has said about the strength of Britain’s negotiating position, and the reality that is increasingly becoming apparent.

Many of the Dead Ringers impressions are not that great, as demonstrated by the need for the character to tell the listeners who they are at the beginning of some sketches. What makes it great is having good material that shows up the cant, deceit and hypocrisy of the current crop of deeply flawed politicians and the mess that they have created.

I think the sketches with Theresa May and Arlene Foster have been even better than the Brexit Bulldog ones, like their press conference where they agreed that they could not understand how they had not yet made a deal, since they had so much in common – “we’re both cold and judgemental”.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Brexit Bulldog’ is closed to new replies.