Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 145 total)
  • Brewdog BBC 2 now
  • blastit
    Free Member

The Brewdog Staff choose the New Area manager
    Should be interesting

thatscold
    Free Member

Terrible TV. Really painful to watch. It puts me off drinking their beer, they’re obviously ‘too young and trendy’ for me!

grahamt1980

3 items that sum them up.
    A beard, hipster jeans and a giant cock

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They make great beer though and have successfully crowd funded a new brewery. Top marks for them

grahamt1980

The recruitment agent is even more of a cock though

juanking

Todgers.

I’ve always thought they try too hard hence why I don’t buy their beers on go into the bars.

molgrips
    Free Member

That guy talking to the recruitment agent was a bit of a dick.

The agent’s given him the people on the market. He can’t do any more than that, and yet the guy tore him a new one. He didn’t handle it well mind.

blastit
    Free Member

Teddy is out of the pram big style

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve always thought they try too hard hence why I don’t buy their beers on go into the bars.

Odd.

I just drink beer I like, didn’t realise we had to evaluate the companies strategy.

grahamt1980

No question the bloke is a bit of a knob, however the interview questions are a sure sign that the interviewers is a bell end

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yes stw does prefer the small outfits to stay small (then die) their strategy and marketing is superb. As a British success story it’s up there. It’s a bit in your face but that is the brand. Maybe try a beer and see if you like it.

grahamt1980

Glad i don’t have to do any recruitment with him. Would annoy the hell out of me and talk about not seeing potential in people

cultsdave
    Free Member

Their beer tastes boke.

thatscold
    Free Member

James is a ****.

grahamt1980

Patronising ****

grahamt1980

Oi swear filter, that word should have had 6 letters not 4

juanking

Success story for sure and that’s fair enough. They opened their first bar here in Aberdeen and have recently opened their second so it’s obviously working. I have tried the beer but find you couldn’t have more than a couple as they try too hard to be different and I find their style to in my face for my liking.
    One company who’s beer I do love is Williams brothers, they have been doing craft beers for over 20 years and far less hipster wannabe.

postierich
    Free Member

Never tried a Brewdog Ale but watching that has not swayed me one inch…… friggin kids of today 😕

James = clevercockwomble of a boss imho

JulianA
    Free Member

Brewdog came across as a bunch of trendy tossers – not a suit in sight, far too hip to be professional.

No way I’d ever want to work for them. I’ve worked for some idiots like that before – I quit after three days.

chewkw
    Free Member

I have never tried their beer …

But I love Cornish Pilsner me! 😛

rewski
    Free Member

Elvis juice is yum

Spin
    Free Member

Maybe they could get together with Surly?

theotherjonv

He didn’t come over very well tbh; my wife’s a pretty fair judge of character and reckons he’s a prize tool.

As to whether their strategy is good – certainly seems to be based on numbers. Looks like he has set out to be successful rather than popular so fair play to that. If he upsets a few on the way, I doubt he really cares.

And finally – how can you say you don’t like his beer. They make umpteen different types. I don’t like Punk IPA, I do like Dead Pony and This Is Lager. I’ll bet there’s something you’d ‘like’ somewhere in there.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

One company who’s beer I do love is Williams brothers, they have been doing craft beers for over 20 years and far less hipster wannabe.

And never heard of them… Marketing eh

bear-uk
    Free Member

Had my first pint in the Edinburgh bar at the W/e. Might be tempted in there shares when available.

molgrips
    Free Member

TV company must have been exasperated too:

Plan a programme about collaborative hiring and set it all up
    James torpedoes the whole thing
    One guy gets different job by default
    What’s our programme going to be about now?

chewkw
    Free Member

Collaborative hiring … 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

“One company who’s beer I do love is Williams brothers, they have been doing craft beers for over 20 years and far less hipster wannabe.

And never heard of them… Marketing eh”

Geographic market choices ?

Tempest brewing for me. Dont know how long they have been going but all their beers are good mostly long white cloud though.

The brewdog gluten free beer is good.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Possibly geography but if your ambition is to sell beet to the local pub then good luck. If you want to kick the big guys in the balls and take some of their market share then your going to have to be different.

sierrakilo
    Free Member

really enjoyed seeing a Media Idea torpeedoed 🙂

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Oh dear James, that didnt go as planned did it?

Or is all publicity good publicity?

mefty
    Free Member

really enjoyed seeing a Media Idea torpeedoed

Didn’t seem to go down too well with a number of employees either though.

One guy gets different job by default

Not even that.

Lots of free publicity, but I too wonder if it might test the adage that there is no such thing as bad publicity though.

mboy
    Free Member

there is no such thing as bad publicity though.

This…

IN SPADES!

Everyone’s talking about them now, Brewdog will sell 50% more beer this week than they would normally, and probably be 30% up for the month too.

Glad i don’t have to do any recruitment with him. Would annoy the hell out of me and talk about not seeing potential in people

Quite agree, but… The guy clearly knows what he wants, and won’t accept second best. He’s an unrelenting perfectionsist with a vision of where he wants his company to be. I was a little disappointed he didn’t see a little more potential in his candidates (the woman turning up for an interview with a Brewery and not being particularly into Beer amazed me mind, that’s as bad as the few reps in the Bike industry I speak to that don’t ride bikes any more!), but clearly he’s not paying peanuts so he’s not expecting monkeys. If he has high expectations, and is prepared to pay the necessary to get them met, why should he compromise?

For me it was very fitting he was sat there in a minimalist office, casually dressed with his MacBookPro about the only thing on his desk… He’s basically Steve Jobs reincarnate! I’m sure he doesn’t care in the slightest about making friends, but he knows how to make his business succeed!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Had my first pint in the Edinburgh bar at the W/e. Might be tempted in there shares when available.

The shares aren’t going to make you any money, it’s essentially a crowd funding initiative. You get to support the company and get some free stuff, but they’ll be £100/share or whatever which is no where market value.

theotherjonv

I’m sure he doesn’t care in the slightest about making friends, but he knows how to make his business succeed!

This.

Which makes me wonder – whenever someone comes on here with a career based enquiry along the lines of ‘it’ll be a load more work and I don’t want to compromise my family / friendships / riding time’ then we all line up to say that no-one puts “I wished I’d spent more time at work” on their gravestone.

Clearly there are people that DO put work first; and is it because they’re different to us, more driven, whatever that we see them in the way we do.

I wonder what his plan is – because if it’s to ride this wave for a few more years, then sell out to a major and retire to a blissful life in a camper van then I can accept almost any degree of cockwomblery.

yunki
    Free Member

I blame Thatcher

agent007
    Free Member

Brewdog beer, in any guise I’ve tried is always far to hoppy and citrusy for me. Doesn’t make for good session drinking ale like some of the brilliant Lakeland beers. Regularly in brewdog I’ve felt like not finishing one of their pints. Sure the odd pint of brewdog ale is fine but couldn’t do more than one or two on a regular basis.

nickjb
    Free Member

Agent007 sums it up well for me. There’s quite a few smaller breweries doing beer like that now. On a first sip it’s quite nice and interesting by the time I’m half way through I’m pretty sick of it. Luckily there’s plenty microbreweries out there making good drinkable beer too.

As for the business and the boss I guess that’s how you make a success. TBH I’d be pretty annoyed at the recruiter if that was the best 3 he could drum up. The boss is obviously driven and focused and it’s working well for him.

yunki
    Free Member

Me and Mrs yunki spend half our lives searching for hoppy citrus ale..
    We got a taste for that style in NZ.
    She likes some brewdog beers.. There’s one I like but can’t remember the name..
    Their bottles are too small

mogrim

I didn’t see the programme so can’t say much about the company, but I do like some of their beer. And if a few hipster beards and a bit of commercial success winds people up I’m starting to like them more 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Brewdog BBC 2 now’ is closed to new replies.