• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jond.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • brewdog 77
  • Haribo
    Free Member

you need this in your life – tasty tasty pilsner, a definite challenge to schiehallion.

on sale in your local tescos – mine now stocks the whole range as well as bridge of allan 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I'm not a massive fan of their stuff, which is a shame, as I like their ethos. Too metallic for my tastes. Williams, however, is my fave Scottish tipple at the moment (Can't find any Traquair nearby)

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

They did a "special" Punk IPA for the Laid Inn Beer Festival in it's first year – man that stuff was magnificent! I can't remember how strong it was, but it packed more punch (and flavour) than the standard.

Not tried the 77 yet – I shall hunt some down at the next chance I get 🙂

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Oh aye – the Imperial Stout is utterly magnificent!

allthepies
    Free Member

Traquair on sale in the Hogs Back Brewery shop if you're passing CFH.

gonefishin
    Free Member

I'm not a massive fan of their stuff, which is a shame, as I like their ethos.

I'm the opposite, I like their beer but their ethos and "attitude" seems a little manufactured.

Which Williams is your fave? The Red is the one I like best.

Haribo
    Free Member

green one is the best – citrus groz…

midnight sun is cracking and i dont even like dark beers

TerryWrist
    Free Member

Had some of the 9% IPA from Sainsbury's, think its called Hardcors, 4 for a fiver or something. Taste test – bit strong to be honest, little bit Special Brew.

Got a bottle of the Heather Honey waiting (actually its the Mrs's) so will try it and report back.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Williams Red is the pick for me. Lovely.

Thanks for the Hogsback tip, BTW!

Garry_Lager

The local oddbins was doing 4 for £4 of trashy blond or punk ipa the last couple of months (they've now stopped :(). Liked it a lot – shame about the ultra lame lifestyle marketing they print on the bottles – I'd be embarrassed to be seen drinking a bottle in public. Guess they need to do that sort of thing to get a foothold in the market.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Garry, having seen them in person, I still say I like them personally, but not their beer.

dustypumpkins

Williams Bros is the only brewery left in Alloa and it's not even an original Alloa brewery! There used to be about 9 of them! Agreed, they do brew some nice beers. Of note is:

jond
    Free Member

At work we had a bit of a bulk buy – including some 18% Tokyo – I'm saving mine for next time I see the notional father-in-law, can't imagine drinking a bottle of it on my own (tho' it is a small bottle..)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘brewdog 77’ is closed to new replies.