Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Breo Sunglasses
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

In the expensive sunglasses thread someone mentioned they used Breo Sunglasses. Had a quick look on their website and some of them seem ok, plus you buy one pair you get another free.

Apparently they can do this because they own their own factory in China, so cutting out the middlemen.

Thing is, we’ve heard this sort of thing before…with it turning out they just buy from a third party cheap anyway. So just wondering if anyone has real world use of them and whether, as the cynic in me thinks, they’re 2 for 1 as you’re essentially getting 2x £15 pairs of sunglasses.

No real reviews anyway, which seems odd given they claim they sell in 100 countries and have sold over 7 million items, so anyone actually got a pair?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d wager there’s a catch or two in there…! They’ll probably try and sting you for some sort of excessive P&P or something.

monkeychild
    Free Member

That was probably me. I have 2 pairs(2 for 1) and I am sold on them. Came in a few days and are comfy and the optics are better than my Oakley’s IMHO. Sold my Batwolfs and I would sell my my a wires as I don’t wear then anymore, but I wouldn’t get much for them.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply, Monkeychild. Seeing as it’s free returns I ordered a couple of pairs to have a look. Spoke to one of the dudes there, and apparently they’ve shifted so much as they have them in airports. The website selling direct being a relatively new thing.

Again…this could all be nonsense.

bails

I’d wager there’s a catch or two in there…! They’ll probably try and sting you for some sort of excessive P&P or something.

Not sure if you’re being serious there. Postage is a couple of quid isn’t it?

I ordered two pairs after they were mentioned in the other thread. Placed the order at 11pm on Wednesday, paid for next day delivery and they arrived as expected on Friday (from Dundee, not Guangzhou).

I’m pleased with them for the money, I got one normal pair and one posh pair with the bamboo arms and sprung hinges.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I went for the Scopes and the Edges. Was tempted by the Pelhams (bamboo arms), but preferred the shape of the Scope.

My delivery should be here sometime today after ordering Friday night. Unless the glasses turn up with the frame quality of Oakleys, I see no reason why they shouldn’t be just peachy.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I have the scope and two tone. The rubberised coating makes them feel nice on.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

FWIW, I got some fancy bamboo Pelhams as well, but only really need 1 pair.

If anyone just wanted, I’ll letl the spare set go for £20 posted. They’re the charcoal/black ones.

sandwicheater

bongo, how wide are they? Tempted by these but i’ve narrow face.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Off the website:

Lens Width : 54mm
    Arm Length : 142mm
    Bridge Width : 20mm

Just now with a ruler:

Total width: 148mm

Don’t seem that wide really.

sandwicheater

Tries to measure head in office with ruler without being spotted. Damn, failed.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

They curve a bit as well, so probably more 140mm as the crow flies:

bails

I’ll have them if sandwicheater doesn’t!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

They’re yours if eater of sandwiches doesn’t want them.

sandwicheater

I’ll pass bongo, thank for the photo. Damn my pea sized head.

Cries in the corner.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Ok, no worries. Bails, my email is in profile.

@sandwich

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj_inlzsDhQ[/video]

😀

Edit: Oh, and the frames of the Pelhams and the Scopes are better made/quality than the Oakley Sliver/Holbrook and Turbines I recently tried. I know it’s all about the lenses with Oakleys, but still….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Breo Sunglasses’ is closed to new replies.