• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Breeze blocks, air(blocks) and bricks
  • Pook

We’ve had some work done but have a bit of a step down from the extension to the garden. In order to get out, i’ve salvaged a few of the blocks the brickies were using and combined with the bricks left over from when the old garage was knocked down have managed to put up a pretty sturdy flight of steps.

I need to do the next door now, but don’t have quite enough rubble to work with. i do have a few different blocks though.

they all look like breeze blocks to me, but there are some heavy ones and some light ones. If i use the light ones as a step, over two on their sides, will the lighter breeze blocks bear weight?

Pook

Nobody?

nickjb
    Free Member

The very light blocks will crack if you look at them funny. Not really suitable for a step.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I don’t know exactly what you have but my guess is the light ones should bear weight just fine (you could build a house out of them) but won’t like any kind of abrasion. If you are stepping on them they will wear away but if you have a slab on them they will be fine other than looking ugly.

creamegg
    Free Member

as above, they will bear the weight as long as they have a proper substrate and bedded properly but may not wear that well which is solved if you finish them with a paving slab

Pook

Oh – so not if I set them up like Stonehenge then?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Breeze blocks, air(blocks) and bricks’ is closed to new replies.