Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Breeding your dog? What's a typical price for a stud?
  • Mintyjim

I know I’m opening myself up to a world of abuse but what would a typical price be for taking your bitch to a stud?

Bring on the pain…she’s a chihuahua if that helps!
    Cheers

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

TSY is cheap. Tbh, she won’t notice the difference,

Mintyjim

harsh!

momo

Generally the price is the pick of the litter or price of a pup.

Mintyjim

Thanks Momo, so £250 for a go with a pure bred, KC registered, chihuahua stud is pretty reasonable?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

£250

That sounds about right…what happens if she doesn’t take?

HermanShake
    Free Member

NWA were right: “Life ain’t nothin’ but b*tches and money”.

Mintyjim

Aha, I guess my next question is…is £250 for a squirt or as many sessions as it takes until she’s preggers? Within reason of course.

xcgb
    Free Member

Its normal to have a few visits, unless the stud is proven to be reliable on just the one

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

unless the stud is proven to be reliable on just the one

I imagine you’ll spot him as he swaggers in and wuffs, ‘How you doin’?’ to the laydee….!

🙂

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Re: the price.
    Also depends what standard the stud dog is. A top show or working gun dog can command over a thousand pounds.

Dolcered

no idea, but i presume all the relevant health checks for the breed have been carried out?

xcgb
    Free Member

I imagine you’ll spot him as he swaggers in and wuffs, ‘How you doin’?’ to the laydee….!

pretty true actually, we had a boy that was used a fair bit at stud, he was never wrong as to whether the lady was ready just would hop on and do the biz, he was called Flash though! dumbest dog we ever had in the brain department

andyl
    Free Member

We have this to come. Looking for a good english springer for puppies next year. Thing is we are not looking to sell the puppies for profit, we just want one or two bitches to keep for ourselves to keep her line going and then ‘give’ the rest away to people we know are suitable in return for a donation to go towards the costs (stud, vets bills, food, microchip etc) and probably a donation to our favourite doggy charity. Our vets bills are heavily discounted anyway.

We are looking for something very good though. We don’t have any breeding history for her but we have had lots of enquiries about puppies when at events but we are not interested. Our motivation is purely and simply because we want to carry on her line for ourselves and after that litter we will have her spayed. Too many unwanted dogs out there and we feel bad for creating 8-9 pups which are potentially taking homes from rescues but we really want a daughter from this one.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Breeding your dog? What's a typical price for a stud?’ is closed to new replies.