Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Brecons Long Gap
  • mahalo

i know there are a handful of threads on this already but they are all quite old so looking for up-to-date views on this ride… thinking of doing it this week en-route to Pembrokeshire from London…

I have the classic loop pretty well drilled in my mind, but are there any variations / extras worth knowing about? was already planning on heading up to the ridge line between Craig Cwm-Oergwm and Fany Big then down the switchbacks before tuning right onto the gap proper.. anyone done this?

mahalo

Unless I can find a spare place at BPW…

Ambrose

Probably best to keep to the legal tracks at the moment. Hopefully the moves to improve access in Wales will come to fruition and sooner or later you will be allowed to ride in those places without the worry of being in the wrong place.

taxi25
    Free Member

Coming up from the South I normally start the Gap from Pant. It stretches the ride to just over 28mls but it’s just a bit along the resevoir and railway line so nothing super exciting.

taxi25
    Free Member

Dp

mahalo

weather forecast looks like fog and mist. is it still worth doing without the vistas??

Ambrose

There are better places. How good is your navigation?

ie, how good is your navigation in ‘featureless’ terrain, with a map/ compass but limited visibility.

mahalo

Bagged a cancellation at BPW! Cushty

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Brecons Long Gap’ is closed to new replies.