Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Brecon Beast 2009 – Few questions…
  • Giant_Hedge_Stack
    Free Member

Anyone know the route for this year? Did it back in 06 when we all rode down the gap the "good way". Looks like you only do it this year if you do the long distance, which I won't be. Will the short route still have some good stuff on it?

It looks like the water crossing is only on the long route too. If its the same one as 06 thats a shmae as there was a great descent just before it.

Oh and the short one is it 60k or 71k. Web site not so clear. Think there was the same confusion back in 06 and it was 71k. 🙂

s8tannorm
    Free Member

I think the short course is 71kish. Last year the Gap was ridden up not down. There was also quite a few 4×4 coming down it which made the climb very hard to clear.

Route last year did seem to have quite a high ratio of road work too.

Stuart

Giant_Hedge_Stack
    Free Member

Cheers. There was a couple of 4×4 in 06 and yes back then there was a lot of road too. Suited me then, and now, as not in great shape but there was some good off road stuff too.

Giant_Hedge_Stack
    Free Member

Would you know if you enter the short one can you opt for the long one if you get there before the cut off? I think you could but not 100% sure.

s8tannorm
    Free Member

I'm pretty sure you can opt for either at the cut off point … depending upon legs and lungs 😉

Giant_Hedge_Stack
    Free Member

Cool. Or hot as I will be. 🙂 Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Brecon Beast 2009 – Few questions…’ is closed to new replies.