Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Brecon Beacons Accommodation
  • fathomer

Looking at planning a trip for 4 to 6 of us at the end of May and wondered if anyone could recommend somewhere to stay. Either B&B or self-catering, not to fussed.

Talybont or Crickhowell area if possible as planning on ridding the Gap & Black Mountains Classic plus something else.

timber

The Bear in Crickhowell if you aren’t too budget conscious, you should eat well there.

Quite a few holiday lets about, but the closer you get to Hay at the end of May, the less likely you’ll find stuff or reasonable prices due to that being start of the Literature festival fortnight. On the plus side, they might have some decent music or comedian on.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Tir Cue – at the end of the Gap.

drovercycles
    Free Member

Good B&Bs in both places. In Crickhowell Ty Gwyn, Ty Tal and Park Place are all ones we use and we get good feedback about. In Talybont, likewise for the Traveller’s Rest and Malt House. In Brecon itself, the Bridge Cafe is excellent and run by cyclist friends of ours – there are three rooms so you could take the place over, if they still have room.

Scapegoat

I stayed at The White Hart in Llandeilo one weekend. Good rooms in a modernish extension, but the bar and restaurant are in the old pub. Great beer and a good steak. It helped that it’s opposite a rugby club, and the place gets lively on a Saturday evening. Western end of the Beacons.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I stayed at the Usk Inn this year in Tallybont which was pretty good. Rooms were nice enough with bike storage. Easy to get on and follow the Gap ride too.

davewalsh
    Free Member

If you don’t mind camping there’s a great campsite in Talybont-on-usk. Other than that, I’ve stayed in the white hart at Talybont and can’t recommend it. Bike storage is inadequate, there’s a wooden floor that runs through the whole building (if someone gets up for a pee in the night everyone knows about it) and every square inch of the place is covered by posters reminding you of the rules, of which there are plenty 🙁

Simwit

I can thoroughly recommended this place just up the hill in Talybont

http://www.thearchesbaileysbarn.co.uk

Secure storage, a hose for bike washing duties & great hosts who are very cyclist friendly.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Nant Ddu Lodge.

simon-w
    Free Member

Can recommend this place in Langorse

http://www.theoldvicaragecottage.com/

Good riding from the doorstep, incl. the Gap etc. Couple of pubs in the village. Owner of the cottage rides to so will help with routes and local info.

fathomer

Thanks everyone, I’ll have a look at the suggestions at lunch.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Brecon Beacons Accommodation’ is closed to new replies.