Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Brechfa vs Afan
  • torihada
    Free Member

Lucky enough to have 3 days riding in old South Wales (though with 22 riders I reckon it’s got car crash written all over it). Am riding uplift @ BPW on the Sunday and Afan on the Monday. 2 of us are going up on the Saturday and I’m torn between riding Afan (so that’ll be Afan twice over the weekend) or going to Brechfa. I’ve ridden Brechfa once, when the Raven trail had just opened and it wasn’t good (trail not bedded in & closures).

So the question: Afan or Brechfa?

argoose
    Free Member

Brechfa gorlech red route

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Afan

torihada
    Free Member

Right I’ll tot up the results when this thread withers & dies. So I’ll let the STW mob decide where we ride.

argoose
    Free Member

Brechfa

argoose
    Free Member

Brechfa

argoose
    Free Member

Brechfa

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Brechfa red and black combined into one.

argoose
    Free Member

😀

argoose
    Free Member

Brechfa

5thElefant
    Free Member

What the captain said.

timidwheeler

Brechfa green and blue combined into one.

argoose
    Free Member

Cwm rhaeadr

torihada
    Free Member

argoose – Member
    Brechfa

You’re disqualified for voter fraud

argoose
    Free Member

I demand a recount

torihada
    Free Member

argoose – Member
    I demand a recount

Slip the counting officer a CRC voucher and you can have as many votes as you like.

wonnyj
    Free Member

I guess with 22 you won’t be doing all the trails at Afan in one go. Brechfa in the dry is very nice though.

I’d probably save Brechfa for another time and do less driving

torihada
    Free Member

with 22 riders we’ll self implode into splinter groups after the first run at BPW. Afan will be even messier; again we’ll be riding in like minded groups. So far (fraud aside) the votes seem to be stacking up for Brechfa.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Another vote for Brechfa red and black linked together.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Brechfa… Park in the car park for the Red – Gorlech Trail and start on the red then about 2/3 of the way round, maybe a bit more branch off to the black – Raven.

That way you get a couple of good sections of Black and then the last run of red at the end… a great way to finish… then go to the pub for a well deserved pint by the river or head up to Cwm Rhaeadr for a a loop or two.

Afan… Whites and Wall running great, Penhydd is an average trail and the Blade I am yet to ride, a slog in the wet by all accounts. If you want to ride them all then skip Brechfa as you’ll probably need 2 days.

Twodogs

Brechfa…black and red combined starting with the black (gets the hardest climbing out of the way first)

wobbem
    Free Member

Brechfa, there are no trees left at Afan 😥

wilko1999
    Free Member

Agree with black first, then red at Brechfa, you need fresh legs for a couple of those Raven climbs

parkesie
    Free Member

Did the raven and blue at brechfa saturday then the blade at afan on the sunday. All were awesome in the rain.

merynella
    Free Member

Where are you coming from? Is Cwmcarn on your way? You could do Cwmcarn and Blaengarw.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

brechfa black and red followed by cwm rhaeder. and at afan do the blade and the wall.

molgrips
    Free Member

Cwmcarn now has two trails and is well worth a look imo.

davewalsh
    Free Member

Have ridden both and preferred Brechfa.

toby1

Afan has been vastly worked over the last couple of years, it’s not what it used to be IMO, therefore a bit of Brechfa or Cwm is called for.

rob8624
    Free Member

Spend a day exploring the off piste stuff at Afan, much better stuff there than the marked routes.

jalefa
    Free Member

A lot of calls for Brechfa ??????????
    It’s shit go to Afan or cwmcarn cafall

cloudnine
    Free Member

Brechfa.. isnt it going to get levelled later this year??

SOAP
    Free Member

W2 tomorrow with the Blade descent. Coz I **** love it!

mudmonster
    Free Member

Blade is great, thought Brechfa was a bit boring in my opinion (maybe I didn’t ride the right bits).

jimpy
    Free Member

brechfa every time, cloudnine what is this levelling you speak of???

rj2dj
    Free Member

+1 What levelling?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Cant remember where i read it but im sure its to do with the wind farm construction
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-25682795

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bye-bye-brechfa-pt2

edit.. maybe not levelled but a few kms will be

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Brechfa vs Afan’ is closed to new replies.