Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Brechfa video
  • adstick
    Free Member

Had a go with a helmet cam a couple of weeks back at Brechfa. If you haven’t been I highly recommend the place, it’s a lot of fun.

undefined

Pook

nice!

ok few Qs –

What cam?
    How’s it mounted?
    Is your chin strap cutting off circulation?

I can never get mine that smooth

🙁

adstick
    Free Member

It’s a GoPro, right on top of my helmet. The helmet is a good fit and it’s smooth because I’m so Gnar…

Actually it’s probably because that trail isn’t especially bumpy. Haven’t tried it many other places yet. I like that the visor is in shot, seems to make it look more real.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nice hug at the end….ahhhhh!

😉

matt_outandabout

whooooosh!

adstick
    Free Member

Nothing like a bit of man love in the woods.

sofatester
    Free Member

It’s excellent riding, quiet, tricky and challenging. What more could you want?

Where did you chaps stay?

adstick
    Free Member

How do you attach it?

Everything is fun at brechfa, from the black to the blue and green. I strongly recommend a visit. Even if it’s not ‘real’ riding 😉

tinsy
    Free Member

adstick, thats the best video I have seen on here, and Brechfa just became a place I need to go and ride…

chvck
    Free Member

I might try attaching mine to to my chest; how do you attach it so that it doesn’t move about much?

will
    Free Member

I used the head strap which Go Pro supplied, then you can strap your rucksack strap around for extra security, seems to work well. Or you could spend £40 and buy the property chest thing.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Thanks we’re off there this w/end, so looking forward to it. Doesn’t look like the missus should have too many difficulties with that.
    I’m hoping the Raven trail is a little more gnarly though!

tinsy
    Free Member

I dont want to rain on your parade will, but after watching those video’s back to back the helmet mounted footage of adsticks was a lot more watcher freindly and more representative of a riders eye view….

How bad does it jump/shake if the camera is bar mounted?

chvck
    Free Member

I’m going for a ride in about half an hour and plan on trying the bar mount…will let you know how it goes!

will
    Free Member

Tinsy – I see your point of view, on the helmet it is alot sturdier, and yes probably more user friendly, but i have always though that the thing helmet camera videos are missing, is the sense that your on a bike. Apart from the visor you could be on a motor bike, quad, well maybe not a quad, but you get my point. Just find that with the chest view you see a lot more, and feel more involved, maybe making it more real?

I have never tried on bars, as i don;t have the fixtures, be interesting to see chvck.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Berm, berm, table, berm, table, table, berm… it’s very cool.

adstick
    Free Member

Sofatester – We stayed in a lovely bunkhouse down the road, can’t remember the name…

tinsy – thanks! and yes you do.

doof-doof – yes the Raven is more gnarly, but Brechfa in general isn’t impossible for the novice (though there are some very steep berms in places). It all gets pretty challenging at speed though.

Here’s a few more clips:

A bit of the Gorlech that you see on the beginning of the first vid. Seems sooo slow by comparison!
    undefined

a few vids of the Raven, though not the steep bits. Including a 13 year old local showing us how it’s done!

undefined

undefined

undefined

sofatester
    Free Member

Gilfach Wen Barn…

…did one of your group ride a black Commencal?

adstick
    Free Member

Yes! The rest on specializeds. Who were you then?

sofatester
    Free Member

The tall chap who stayed on his own, you guys where kind enough to let me watch your copy of seasons. Have since bought my own for pre-ride motivation!

How did you get on down at Afan on the Sunday? What route did you do?

adstick
    Free Member

Ah! I don’t think that was us then…

sofatester
    Free Member

You must have been very quiet then!

Trimix
    Free Member

Great vid, I need to get over there and give it a go.

grumm
    Free Member

Nice video Adam – would have liked to come along – next time! Brechfa looks like great fun.

adstick
    Free Member

There wasn’t anyone else at the bunk house when we were there, if that’s what you’re getting at?

sofatester
    Free Member

Must have be a different weekend then.

I’m quite impressed with my ability to guess what bikes people ride though!

adstick
    Free Member

LOL!

rOcKeTdOg

oh no, the Brechfa secret is out!

catnash
    Free Member

Aye the secret I have known for 20 years, it’s strange to see it so busy, though I never do the Gorlech I always base myself from Bergwm and head on up. You’ll see me there three times a week with two sheepdogs. Sold my GoPro the other day after I realised there was only so many times for me to watch the clips.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Nice on.

Oh the memories…

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Brechfa video’ is closed to new replies.